Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
CBSE class 10 English Communicative Chapter 1 Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school based annual examinations. Class 10 English Communicative notes on Chapter 1 Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 10 English Communicative text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
10 English Communicative notes Chapter 1 Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale
Download CBSE class 10th revision notes for Chapter 1 Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 10 English Communicative
The Frog and The Nightingale (Poem)
By – Vikram Seth
The poem is a tale set in a wet and muddy area called Bingle Bog, where lived a frog , who was crazy about his singing and incessantly sang from the evening till the morning light. All the other creatures living in the bog found his songs to be most unpleasant and tried to insult him. But the frog was very insensitive and boastful. The frog kept on singing because that was his way of expressing his heart-felt elation.
One day the creatures of the bog were pleasantly surprised to hear a very melodious song sung by a nightingale. The frog was shocked and felt jealous. He wanted to be the undisputed singer of the bog. All the other creatures praised the nightingale’s singing.
The frog was very cunning and introduced himself as the owner of the tree, on which the nightingale sat and sang the beautiful songs. He also boasted that he was a music critic, and also wrote for ‘Bog Trumpet’. The nightingale was impressed that a musician, like Mozart , is taking interest in her singing. When the frog offered to train her for a modest fee, the nightingale felt that her dream had come true. The exploitation of the nightingale began.
The frog would organize concerts and nightingale sang for him. The frog made money from these concerts. He would make her practice, even in the adverse weather. He instructed her to sing passionately and with full force, since that was what the public wanted. Initially a number of creatures flocked to listen to her, but later the crowd dwindled as the nightingale’s songs became a routine, lustreless and her voice seemed tired. The frog would scold and humiliate her for no reason. One day, out of sheer stress and fatigue, the nightingale’s vein burst and she died.
The frog called the nightingale ‘stupid’, ‘nervous’ and ‘without originality’. His ego was now satisfied and once again he became the ‘unrivalled singer’ of the bog.
Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 10 English Communicative PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 10 English Communicative – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 10 English Communicative
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in English Communicative class 10
- Short notes for CBSE class 10th English Communicative
- Key notes and chapter summary of English Communicative class 10
- Quick revision notes for CBSE board exams
CBSE Class-10 Revision Notes and Key Points
Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-10 English Communicative, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-10 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-10 Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 English Communicative
To download Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes, sample paper for class 10 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Section C Grammar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Two Gentlemen of Verona class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-The Letter class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-A Shady Plot class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Patol Babu Film Star class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Virtually True class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-The Dear Departed class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-Julius Caesar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Mirror class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Not Marble nor the Gilded Monuments class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Ozymandias class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Snake class 10 Notes English Communicative
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)