CBSE class 10 English Communicative Chapter 5 Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school based annual examinations. Class 10 English Communicative notes on Chapter 5 Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 10 English Communicative text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
10 English Communicative notes Chapter 5 Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Download CBSE class 10th revision notes for Chapter 5 Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 10 English Communicative
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Poem)
By – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
The poem is an extract taken from Coleridge’s famous poem. He brings out the torment and feeling of strong guilt faced by an ancient mariner(an old sailor), who, in a moment of cruelty, killed an albatross.
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner begins with one of the three wedding guests being approached by the Ancient Mariner and his hypnotic gaze prevents them from attending the wedding. The old man starts with narrating how the ship was given a cheerful send off and began sailing till it disappeared below the Kirk, then the hill and finally below the lighthouse top.
Since the wedding guests do not seem interested in hearing about the voyage, he is beating his chest because he can hear the sound of bassoon and also comes to know that the bride had entered the hall.
The old man explains how the sun rose from the left everyday, which meant that the ship was going towards the south. After a journey of some days, a monstrous storm came and strikes the ship as if a giant bird had struck with its huge wings.
The ship nevertheless keeps on moving as if trying to chase its enemy. The front of the ship was dripping with water. Finally it was able to escape the storm.
After he storm, the ship had to face mist and snow. It was more risky as icebergs were floating near the ship. Visibility was much poor which made it difficult to navigate. Then an albatross came from somewhere, as if it was sent by God. The albatross enjoyed the food given by the sailors and whenever a sailor gave a call, it came on the ship. No matter what, the albatross made it a routine to come to the ship, as if it was enjoying being there. But one day, the old sailor shot the albatross with his crossbow.
After the albatross was killed, the sunshine returned. The poet mentions that the sun was now setting on the left, which means that the ship was on its northwards journey. The South wind was blowing and the voyage was now more comfortable. But no bird came to feed on the leftover food.
The old sailor was now feeling guilty for killing the albatross and many other sailors also abused him for that, as the bird was believed to have made the winds blow.
After sometime time they had to drop the sail and there was deathly silence all around. The sun too looked very hot in the afternoon. Water was everywhere around them but they did not have a single drop of water to drink.
Everyone on the ship cursed the old sailor because they believed that it was the killing of the albatross that had brought all the misery to them. The old man was feeling that instead of a cross, an albatross was hung around his neck.
Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 10 English Communicative PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 10 English Communicative – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 10 English Communicative
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in English Communicative class 10
- Short notes for CBSE class 10th English Communicative
- Key notes and chapter summary of English Communicative class 10
- Quick revision notes for CBSE board exams
CBSE Class-10 Revision Notes and Key Points
Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-10 English Communicative, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-10 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-10 Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 English Communicative
To download Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes, sample paper for class 10 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Section C Grammar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Two Gentlemen of Verona class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-The Letter class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-A Shady Plot class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Patol Babu Film Star class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Virtually True class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-The Dear Departed class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-Julius Caesar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Mirror class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Not Marble nor the Gilded Monuments class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Ozymandias class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Snake class 10 Notes English Communicative
Deal of the Day
Latest Sample Papers 149/-
Test Paper & Worksheets 299/-
Click Here & Tap Shop
Install myCBSEguide mobile app for FREE sample papers, Test Papers, Revision Notes, Previous year question papers, NCERT solutions and MCQ tests. Refer myCBSEguide App to your friends and Earn upto Rs.500/-.