Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
CBSE class 10 English Communicative Chapter 2 Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school based annual examinations. Class 10 English Communicative notes on Chapter 2 Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 10 English Communicative text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
10 English Communicative notes Chapter 2 Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers
Download CBSE class 10th revision notes for Chapter 2 Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Fiction
Mrs. Packletide’s Tiger
Mrs. Packletide was an English woman, who was overcome with a powerful urge to kill a tiger. All movements and motives of Mrs. Packletide were controlled by her deep dislike of Loona Bimberton. Loona had a joy-ride in an aero plane for eleven miles with an Algerian pilot. Mrs. Packletide wanted to surpass her and yearned to show that she was no less. Loona would not talk of anything else for weeks. Mrs. Packletide was highly jealous of Loona’s adventure. She wanted to do something more exciting and sensational than that.
Circumstances proved favorable for Mrs Packletide. An old and feeble tiger visited frequently a forest of a nearby village. Mrs. Packletide offered to pay one thousand rupees to the villagers, if they could help in safe and comfortable shooting of the tiger. The villagers got exceptionally enticed as one thousand rupees was a considerable amount in those days. They villagers did their best to arrange a safe shooting. Yongsters were posted day and night on the edges of the nearby wilderness to drive the tiger back to the town. They also left goats to satisfy the hunger of the old tiger. Mothers hushed their singing lest they should disturb the restful sleep of the old tiger.
On the night of the planned shooting time, Mrs. Packletide sat on a platform specially constructed for the shooting with her paid companion, Ms. Louisa Mebbin. A goat with a noisy bleat was tied at an appropriate distance from the tiger. Meanwhile the tiger showed up on the scene and gradually strolled towards the goat. Just then, Mrs. Pacletide discharged a shot with her rifle. The tiger tumbled down to the other side and rolled over in the stillness of death. The over-enthusiast villagers, overjoyed by the shooting, started celebrating by thumping drums and Mrs. Packletide was additionally, excessively glad.
But, as a matter of fact, Louisa Mebbin, drew her attention towards the goat, who had been wrongly hit by the bullet and died on the spot and the poor tiger had died of a heart failure because of the sound of the gun shot. Knowing the truth, Mrs. Packletide was baffled but supported the fact that, now she had the tiger-skin. The villagers also promised to hide the fact as they were more interested in their money than how actually the tiger was killed. Ms. Mebbin, too, was a paid companion so she also chose to keep quiet.
So, finally Mrs. Packletide posed for two weekly magazines. Loona Bimberton refused to go to the lunch-party but was happy to receive the tiger-paw brooch.
After few days of the incident, Ms. Mebbins, considered misusing the frail purpose of Mrs. Packletide. She coerced her by saying that what would happen if Loona Bimberton learnt that Mrs. Packletide had not killed the tiger but her bullet had hit the goat. So she implied that she needed cash to buy a weekend cottage near Darking. To keep her mouth shut, Mrs Packletide had to pay for Ms. Mebbin’s weekend cottage.
Ms. Mebbin named it “The Wild Beasts” and since then Mrs. Packletide never enjoyed big game shooting as she confides in her friends that” incidental expenses” are too heavy to bear.
Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 10 English Communicative PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 10 English Communicative – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 10 English Communicative
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in English Communicative class 10
- Short notes for CBSE class 10th English Communicative
- Key notes and chapter summary of English Communicative class 10
- Quick revision notes for CBSE board exams
CBSE Class-10 Revision Notes and Key Points
Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-10 English Communicative, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-10 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-10 Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 English Communicative
To download Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes, sample paper for class 10 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Section C Grammar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Two Gentlemen of Verona class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Mrs Packletides Tigers class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-The Letter class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-A Shady Plot class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Patol Babu Film Star class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Fiction-Virtually True class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-The Dear Departed class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Drama-Julius Caesar class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Frog and the Nightingale class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Mirror class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Not Marble nor the Gilded Monuments class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Ozymandias class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner class 10 Notes English Communicative
- Poem-Snake class 10 Notes English Communicative
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)