CBSE class 9 Mathematics Chapter 2 Polynomials notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Polynomials class 9 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 9 Mathematics notes on Chapter 2 Polynomials are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Polynomials class 9 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 9 Mathematics text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
9 Mathematics notes Chapter 2 Polynomials
Download CBSE class 9th revision notes for Chapter 2 Polynomials in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Polynomials class 9 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Polynomials class 9 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
Download Revision Notes as PDF
CBSE Class 09 Mathematics
CHAPTER – 2
- Polynomials in one Variable
- Zeroes of a Polynomial
- Remainder Theorem
- Factorisation of Polynomials
- Algebraic Identities
Constants : A symbol having a fixed numerical value is called a constant.
Variables : A symbol which may be assigned different numerical values is known as variable.
Algebraic expressions : A combination of constants and variables connected by some or all of the operations +, -, *,/ is known as algebraic expression.
Terms : The several parts of an algebraic expression separated by ‘+’ or ‘-‘ operations are called the terms of the expression.
Polynomials : An algebraic expression in which the variables involved have only non-negative integral powers is called a polynomial.
(i) is a polynomial in variable x.
(ii) is an expression but not a polynomial.
Polynomials are denoted by p(x), q(x) and r(x) etc.
Coefficients : In the polynomial , coefficient of respectively and we also say that +1 is the constant term in it.
Degree of a polynomial in one variable: In case of a polynomial in one variable the highest power of the variable is called the degree of the polynomial.
A polynomial of degree n has n roots.
Classification of polynomials on the basis of degree.
Classification of polynomials on the basis of number of terms
|No. of terms||Polynomial & Examples.|
|(i) 1||Monomial –|
|(ii) 2||Binomial – etc.|
Constant polynomial : A polynomial containing one term only, consisting a constant term is called a constant polynomial.The degree of non-zero constant polynomial is zero.
Zero polynomial : A polynomial consisting of one term, namely zero only is called a zero polynomial.
The degree of zero polynomial is not defined.
Zeroes of a polynomial : Let be a polynomial. If =0, then we say that “a” is a zero of the polynomial of p(x).
Remark : Finding the zeroes of polynomial p(x) means solving the equation p(x)=0.
Remainder theorem : Let be a polynomial of degree and let a be any real number. When f(x) is divided by then the remainder is f ( a)
Factor theorem : Let f(x) be a polynomial of degree n > 1 and let a be any real number.
If f(a) = 0 then, (x – a) is factor of f(x)
If f(x – a) is factor of f(x) then f(a) = 0
Factor : A polynomial is called factor of divides exactly.
Factorization : To express a given polynomial as the product of polynomials each of
degree less than that of the given polynomial such that no such a factor has a factor of
lower degree, is called factorization.
Some algebraic identities useful in factorization:
(i) = +2xy+
(ii) = -2xy+
(iv) (x+a)(x+b)= +(a+b)x+ab
(viii) + + – 3xyz =(x+y+z) ( + + – xy – yz – zx)
++=3xyz if x+y+z=0
Polynomials class 9 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 9 Mathematics PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 9 Mathematics – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 9 Mathematics
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Mathematics class 9
- Short notes for CBSE class 9th Mathematics
- Key notes and chapter summary of Mathematics class 9
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class-9 Revision Notes and Key Points
Polynomials class 9 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-9 Mathematics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-09 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-09 Science
- Revision Notes for class-09 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-09 English Communicative
To download Polynomials class 9 Notes, sample paper for class 9 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Number Systems class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Polynomials class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Linear Equations in Two Variables class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Introduction to Euclids Geometry class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Lines and Angles class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Triangles class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Quadrilaterals class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Circles class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Constructions class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Herons Formula class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Surface Areas and Volumes class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Statistics class 9 Notes Mathematics
- Probability class 9 Notes Mathematics
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now