CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 8 Mathematics notes on chapter 10 Visualising solid shapes Mathematics are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Class 8 Mathematics notes Chapter 10 Visualising solid shapes
Download CBSE class 8th revision notes for chapter 10 Visualising solid shapes in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 10 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 8 Revision Notes Maths Visualising Solid Shapes
- There are three types of shapes:
(i) One dimensional shapes: Shapes having length only. Example: a line.
(ii) Two-dimensional Shapes: Plane shapes having two measurements like length and breadth. Example: a polygon, a triangle, a rectangle, etc. generally, two-dimensional figures are known as 2-D figures.
(iii) Three-dimensional Shapes: Solid objects and shapes having length, breadth and height or depth. Example: Cubes, cylinders, cone, cuboid, spheres, etc.
(iv) Face: A flat surface of a three-dimensional figure.
(v) Edge: Line segment where two faces of solid meet.
- Polyhedron: A three-dimensional figure whose faces are all polygons.
- Prism: A polyhedron whose bottom and top faces (known as bases) are congruent polygons and faces known as lateral faces are parallelograms. When the side faces are rectangles, the shape is known as right prism.
- Pyramid: A polyhedron whose base is a polygon and lateral faces are triangles.
- Vertex: A point where three of more edges meet.
- Base: The face that is used to name a polyhedron.
- Euler’s formula for any polyhedron is F + V – E = 2, where F stands for number of faces, V for number of vertices and E for number of edges.
- Recognising 2D and 3D objects.
- Recognising different shapes in nested objects.
- 3D objects have different views from different positions.
- Mapping: A map depicts the location of a particular object/place in relation to other objects/ places.
- A map is different from a picture.
- Symbols are used to depict the different objects/places.
- There is no reference or perspective in a map.
- Maps involve a scale which is fixed for a particular map.
- Convex: The line segment joining any two points on the surface of a polyhedron entirely lies inside or on the polyhedron. Example: Cube, cuboid, tetrahedron, pyramid, prism, etc.
Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics
Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics. CBSE quick revision note for class-8 Mathematics, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
To download Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics, sample paper for class 8 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, Mathematics; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Rational Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Understanding Quadrilaterals class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Practical Geometry class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Data Handling class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Cubes and Cube Root class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Comparing Quantities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Mensuration class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Exponents and Powers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Direct and Inverse Proportions class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Factorisation class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Introduction to Graphs class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Playing with Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now