CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school-based annual examinations. Class 8 Mathematics notes on Chapter 2 Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics
Download CBSE class 8th revision notes for Chapter 2 Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics and score high in exams. These are the Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 8 Revision Notes Maths Linear Equations in One Variable
- A statement of equality of two algebraic expressions involving one or more variables. Example: x + 2 = 3
- Linear Equation in One variable: The expressions which form the equation that contain single variable and the highest power of the variable in the equation is one.
- An algebraic equation is an equality involving variables. It says that the value of the expression on one side of the equality sign is equal to the value of the expression on the other side.
- The equations we study in Classes VI, VII and VIII are linear equations in one variable. In such equations, the expressions which form the equation contain only one variable. Further, the equations are linear, i.e., the highest power of the variable appearing in the equation is 1.
- A linear equation may have for its solution any rational number.
- An equation may have linear expressions on both sides. Equations that we studied in Classes VI and VII had just a number on one side of the equation.
- Just as numbers, variables can, also, be transposed from one side of the equation to the other.
- Occasionally, the expressions forming equations have to be simplified before we can solve them by usual methods. Some equations may not even be linear to begin with, but they can be brought to a linear form by multiplying both sides of the equation by a suitable expression.
- The utility of linear equations is in their diverse applications; different problems on numbers, ages, perimeters, combination of currency notes, and so on can be solved using linear equations.
CBSE Class 8 Revision Notes and Key Points
Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics. CBSE quick revision note for class-8 Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do it for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
To download Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics, sample paper for class 8 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Rational Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Understanding Quadrilaterals class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Practical Geometry class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Data Handling class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Cubes and Cube Root class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Comparing Quantities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Mensuration class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Exponents and Powers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Direct and Inverse Proportions class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Factorisation class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Introduction to Graphs class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Playing with Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics