Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 8 Mathematics notes on chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots Mathematics are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Class 8 Mathematics notes Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots
Download CBSE class 8th revision notes for chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 6 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
Download Revision Notes as PDF
CBSE Class 8 Revision Notes Maths Squares and Square Roots
- Square: Number obtained when a number is multiplied by itself. It is the number raised to the power 2. 22 = 2 x 2=4(square of 2 is 4).
- If a natural number m can be expressed as n2, where n is also a natural number, then m is a square number.
- All square numbers end with 0, 1, 4, 5, 6 or 9 at unit’s place.
- Square numbers can only have even number of zeros at the end.
- Square root is the inverse operation of square.
- There are two integral square roots of a perfect square number.
- Positive square root of a number is denoted by the symbol, For example, 32=9 gives
- Perfect Square or Square number: It is the square of some natural number. If m=n2, then m is a perfect square number where m and n are natural numbers. Example: 1=1 x 1=12, 4=2 x 2=22.
- Properties of Square number:
(i) A number ending in 2, 3, 7 or 8 is never a perfect square. Example: 152, 1028, 6593 etc.
(ii) A number ending in 0, 1, 4, 5, 6 or 9 may not necessarily be a square number. Example: 20, 31, 24, etc.
(iii) Square of even numbers are even. Example: 22 = 4, 42=16 etc.
(iv) Square of odd numbers are odd. Example: 52 = 25, 92 = 81, etc.
(v) A number ending in an odd number of zeroes cannot be a perferct square. Example: 10, 1000, 900000, etc.
(vi) The difference of squares of two consecutive natural number is equal to their sum. (n + 1)2– n2 = n+1+n. Example: 42 – 32 =4 + 3=7. 122– 112 =12+11 =23, etc.
(vii) A triplet (m, n, p) of three natural numbers m, n and p is called Pythagorean triplet, if m2 + n2 = p2: 32 + 42 = 25 = 52
Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics
Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics. CBSE quick revision note for class-8 Mathematics, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
To download Squares and Square Roots class 8 Notes Mathematics, sample paper for class 8 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, Mathematics; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Rational Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Linear Equations in one Variable class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Understanding Quadrilaterals class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Practical Geometry class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Data Handling class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Cubes and Cube Root class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Comparing Quantities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Visualising solid shapes class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Mensuration class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Exponents and Powers class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Direct and Inverse Proportions class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Factorisation class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Introduction to Graphs class 8 Notes Mathematics
- Playing with Numbers class 8 Notes Mathematics
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now