CBSE - Class 08 - Mathematics - CBSE Revision Notes
CBSE Revision Notes for Class 08 Mathematics
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Rational Numbers Properties of rational numbers. (including identities). Using general form of expression to describe properties. Consolidation of operations on rational numbers. Representation of rational numbers on the number line. Between any two rational numbers there lies another rational number. Word problem.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Linear Equations in One Variable Solving linear equations in one variable in contextual problems involving multiplication and division (word problems) (avoid complex coefficient in the equations)
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Understanding Quadrilaterals Construction of Quadrilaterals: Given four sides and one diagonal. Three sides and two diagonals. Three sides and two included angles. Two adjacent sides and three angles
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Practical Geometry Identify and Match pictures with objects [more complicated e.g. nested, joint 2-D and 3-D shapes. Drawing 2-D representation of 3-D objects. Counting vertices, edges & faces & verifying Euler’s relation for 3-D figures with flat faces.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Data Handling Reading bar-graphs, ungrouped data, arranging it into groups, representation of grouped data through bar-graphs, constructing and interpreting bar-graphs. Simple Pie charts with reasonable data numbers. Consolidating and generalizing the notion of chance in events like tossing coins, dice etc. Relating it to chance in life events.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Squares and Square Roots Square and Square roots- Square roots using factor method and division method for numbers containing (a) no more than total 4 digits and (b) no more than 2 decimal places.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Cubes and Cube Roots Cubes and cubes roots (only factor method for numbers containing at most 3 digits). Estimating square roots and cube roots. Learning the process of moving nearer to the required number.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Comparing Quantities Observing the aggregating numbers over a large number of repeated events. Comparing with the data for a coin. Observing strings of throws, notion of randomness.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Algebraic Expressions and Identities Multiplication and division of algebraic exp.(Coefficient should be integers). Some common errors. Factorisation (simple cases only). Solving linear equations in one variable in contextual problems involving multiplication and division (word problems) (avoid complex coefficient in the equations).
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Visualising Solid Shapes Visualising Solid Shapes for class 08 Mathematics. These online MCQ tests includes all main concepts of the chapter in CBSE class 08 Mathematics. It is very useful for testing the command over the topic and equally useful for various Olympiads.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Mensuration Area of a trapezium and a polygon. Concept of volume, measurement of volume usinga basic unit, volume of a cube, cuboid and cylinder. Volume and capacity (measurement of capacity). Surface area of a cube, cuboid, cylinder.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Exponents and Powers Exponents and Powers: Integers as exponents. Laws of exponents with integral powers for class 08 Mathematics. It includes all main concepts of the chapter in CBSE class 08 Mathematics.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Direct and Inverse Proportions Direct and Inverse Proportions: Simple and direct word problems, Inverse variation – Simple and direct word problems for class 08 Mathematics. It includes all main concepts of the chapter in CBSE class 08 Mathematics.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Factorisation Factorisation (simple cases only) as examples the following types a(x + y) for class 08 Mathematics. It includes all main concepts of the chapter in CBSE class 08 Mathematics.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Introduction to Graphs Introduction to Graphs: Axes (Same units), Cartesian Plane, Plotting points for different kind of situations- Reading off from the graphs, Reading of linear graphs, Reading of distance vs time graph.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 08 Mathematics Playing with Numbers Writing and understanding a 2 and 3 digit number in generalized form (100a + 10b + c , where a, b, c can be only digit 0-9) and engaging with various puzzles concerning this. Number puzzles and games. Deducing the divisibility test rules of 2, 3, 5, 9,10 for a two or three-digit number expressed in the general form.
CBSE Revision Notes for class 8 Mathematics
CBSE revision notes for class 8 Mathematics NCERT chapter wise notes of 8th Mathematics CBSE key points and chapter summary for 8 Mathematics all chapters in PDF format for free download. CBSE short key notes and chapter notes for revision in exams. CBSE short notes of 8th class Mathematics. Summary of the chapter for class 8 Mathematics are available in PDF format for free download. These NCERT notes are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. These notes are based on latest NCERT syllabus and designed as per the new curriculum issued by CBSE for this session. Class 8 Mathematics chapter wise NCERT note for Mathematics part and Mathematics for all the chapters can be downloaded from website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
CBSE Class 8 Notes and Key Points
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 8 Mathematics PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 8 Mathematics – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 8 Mathematics
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Mathematics class 8
- Short notes for CBSE class 8th Mathematics
- Key notes and chapter summary of Mathematics class 8
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class 8 Mathematics Chapter-wise Revision Notes
- Chapter 1 Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable
- Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 4 Practical Geometry
- Chapter 5 Data Handling
- Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots
- Chapter 7 Cubes and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9 Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10 Visualising Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11 Mensuration
- Chapter 12 Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 13 Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14 Factorisation
- Chapter 15 Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
Free Download of CBSE Class 08 Revision Notes
Key Notes for CBSE Board Students for Class 08 Important topics of all subjects are given in these CBSE notes. These notes will provide you overview of the chapter and important points to remember. These are very useful summary notes with neatly explained examples for best revision of the book.
CBSE Class-08 Revision Notes and Key Points
CBSE class-08 Key points and summary of the lessons is given under this section for Science, Mathematics, Hindi, English, Social Science and other subjects. The notes includes all concepts given in NCERT books and syllabus issued by CBSE for class-08. Key notes are 'to the point' capsules for quick revision of the chapter. We have covered the whole syllabus in these notes.
- Revision Notes for class-08 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-08 Science
- Revision Notes for class-08 Social Science
CBSE Class 8 Mathematics
Chapter – 01
- Rational numbers are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- The operations addition and multiplication are
(i) commutative for rational numbers.
(ii) associative for rational numbers.
- The rational number 0 is the additive identity for rational numbers.
- The rational number 1 is the multiplicative identity for rational numbers.
- The additive inverse of the rational number abab is abab and vice-versa.
- The reciprocal or multiplicative inverse of the rational number abab is cdcd if ababxcdcd=1
- Distributivity of rational numbers: For all rational numbers a, b and c,
a(b + c) = ab + ac and a(b – c) = ab – ac
- Rational numbers can be represented on a number line.
- Between any two given rational numbers there are countless rational numbers. The idea of mean helps us to find rational numbers between two rational numbers.
- Positive Rationals: Numerator and Denominator both are either positive or negative. Example: 47,−3−447,−3−4
- Negative Rationals: Numerator and Denominator both are of opposite signs. Example: −211,4−9−211,4−9
- Additive Inverse: Additive inverse (negative) abab+−ab−ab=−ab−ab+abab=0, −ab−ab is the additive inverse of abandababandab is the additive inverse of −ab−ab.
- Mulitiplicative Inverse (reciprocal): ababxcdcd=1=cdcdxabab where cdcd is the reciprocal of abab. Zero has no reciprocal. The reciprocal of 1 is1 and of -1 is -1.
Question Paper Creator
- Create papers in minutes
- Print with your name & Logo
- Download as PDF
- 5 Lakhs+ Questions
- Solutions Included
- Based on CBSE Syllabus
- Best fit for Schools & Tutors