CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Human Geography nature and scope class 12 Notes Geography in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Human Geography nature and scope class 12 Notes Geography latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school-based annual examinations. Class 12 Geography notes on chapter 1 Human Geography nature and scope Geography are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Revision Notes for Class 12 Geography Human Geography nature and scope
Download CBSE class 12th revision notes for chapter 1 Human Geography nature and scope in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Human Geography nature and scope class 12 Notes Geography and score high in exams. These are the Human Geography nature and scope class 12 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 1 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 12 Notes of Chapter 1 Human Geography nature and scope
GIST OF THE LESSON:
· Geography is a field of study is integrative, empirical and practical
· it studies each and every event on the earth over the space and time
· human geography studies the relationship between man and nature
· Geo. can be studied through law making or descriptive
There are two approaches of geography
1. systematic approach
2. Regional approach
Vi physical and human phenomena are described in metaphors using symbols from the human anatomy
Vii definition of human geography
Human Geography Defined
• “Human geography is the synthetic study of relationship between human societies and earth‟s surface”. Ratzel
Synthesis has been emphasized in the above definition.
•“Human geography is the study of “the changing relationship between the un-resting man and the unstable earth.”Ellen C. Semple
Dynamism in the relationship is the keyword in Semple‟s definition.
• “Conception resulting from a more synthetic knowledge of the physical laws governing our earth and of the relations between the living beings which inhabit it”. Paul Vidal de la Blache
NATURE OF HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
1. Human geography studies the inter relationship between the physical environment and socio-cultural environment created by man. 2. Elements of physical are land, water, soil, climate, vegetation, fauna 3. Elements of cultural are transport and communication, settlements, crops NATURALISATION OF HUMANS a. Man interact with nature with the help of technology b. It is not important that what he creates but with what tools he used to create c. Technology indicates the level of cultural development of society d. Understanding the nature helps to create technology 1. understanding of friction and heat helped to discover fire
2. understanding DNA helped to eradicate diseases
3. laws of thermodynamics helped to develop fast planes
4. knowledge about nature is extremely important to develop technology and technology loosens the shackles of environment on human being .
5. the interaction between primitive society and nature is called ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINISM.
HUMANISATION OF NATURE
1. With the development of technology people understood the nature well
2. They move from state of necessity to state of possibilities
3. Human activities created cultural landscape
4. so it is called as possibilism
NEODETERMINISM/ STOP AND GO DETERMINISM
1.Developed by Griffith Taylor
2.It is a middle path between environmental determinism and possibilism
3. the concept shows that neither is there a situation of absolute necessity nor is there a condition of absolute freedom.
4. sustainable development is the main aim
5. The Neo determinism maintains balance between development and nature
HUMAN GEOGRAPHY THROUGH THE CORRIDORS OF TIME
Schools of human geography
Concerned with social well being of the people a. housing b. Health c. Education RADICAL SCHOOL
Concerned with causes of poverty, deprivation and social Inequality BEHAVIOURAL SCHOOL
Given importance to lived experience, perception of space by Social categories STAGES THROUGH CORRIDORIES OF TIME.
|Colonial||Exploration & description||Imperialism and trade lead to discover many lands|
|Colonial||Regional analysis||Understanding of parts in totality would lead to understand the whole|
|1930- interwar||aerial differentiation||Find the reasons for the uniqueness of a region|
|1950-1960||Spatial organization||Apply technology to study geography|
|1970||Emergence of humanistic, radical and behavioral school||Emergence of sociopolitical reality with the help of schools|
|1990||Post modernism||Generalization and apply of universal laws to understand geography|
|Fields of human geo||Sub field||Sister disciplines|
|Social geo||—||Social science-sociology|
|Geo of social well being||Welfare economics|
|Geo of leisure||Sociology|
|Gender geo||Sociology, anthropology, women studies|
|Urban geo||—||Urban studies and planning|
|Political geo||—||Political science|
|Military geo||Military science|
|Settlement geo||—||Urban and rural planning|
|Geo. of resources||Resource economics|
|Geo. of Agriculture||Agricultural science|
|Geo. of industries||Industrial economics|
|Geo. of marketing||Business studies, economics, commerce|
|Geo. of tourism||Tourism and travel management|
|Geo. of international trade||International trade|
Revision Notes for Class 12 – in PDF Download
CBSE quick revision note for class-12 Geography, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Physical Education
To download Human Geography nature and scope class 12 Notes Geography, sample paper for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Geography and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.