CBSE Revision Notes for class 12 Geography
CBSE Revision Notes for class 12 GeographyWe think the first step is motivating yourself to revise. What are you trying to achieve here? What’s your ultimate goal? Make a schedule for your revision and be realistic about it. Figure out how much time you can spend on a task each day. The important part of exam preparation and the key to success, as the more you revise these notes. These revision notes are prepared by our finest and experienced teachers. You can download class 12 Geography Revision Notes in PDF format. These Revision Notes are also available in the myCBSEguide website and mobile app for free.
|Free CBSE Revision Notes||Link|
|Book-1 Ch 01 Human Geography|
|Book-1 Ch 02 The World Population|
|Book-1 Ch 03 Population Composition|
|Book-1 Ch 04 Human Development|
|Book-1 Ch 05 Primary Activities|
|Book-1 Ch 06 Secondary Activities|
|Book-1 Ch 07 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities|
|Book-1 Ch 08 Transport and Communication|
|Book-1 Ch 09 International Trade|
|Book-1 Ch 10 Human Settlement|
|Book-2 Ch 01 Population Distribution|
|Book-2 Chapter 02 Migration|
|Book-2 Ch 03 Human Development|
|Book-2 Ch 04 Human Settlements|
|Book-2 Ch 05 Land Resources and Agriculture|
|Book-2 Ch 06 Water Resources|
|Book-2 Ch 07 Mineral and Energy Resources|
|Book-2 Ch 08 Manufacturing Industries|
|Book-2 Ch 09 Planning and Sustainable Development|
|Book-2 Ch 10 Transport and Communication|
|Book-2 Ch 11 International Trade|
|Book-2 Ch 12 Geo Perspective on Selected|
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch01 Human Geography Nature and Scope Class 12 Geography Ch01 Human Geography Nature and Scope. The basic motto of geography as a discipline is to understand earth as home to human beings and to study all those elements which have sustained them.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch02 The World Population Class 12 Geography Ch02 The World Population - distribution,density and growth, Age-sex ratio, rural-urban composition. The people of a country are its real wealth.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch04 Human Development Class 12 Geography Ch04 Human Development - concept, selected indicators, international comparisons. Development can be measured by the quality of life that people in a country enjoy, the opportunities they have and freedoms they enjoy.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch05 Primary Activities Class 12 Geography Ch05 Primary Activities - concept and changing trends - gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agricultural and allied activities - some examples from selected countries.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch06 Secondary Activities Class 12 Geography Ch06 Secondary Activities - concept - manufacturing: types - household, small scale, large scale; agro based and mineral based industries; people engaged in secondary activities - some examples from selected countries.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch07 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities Class 12 Geography Ch07 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities - trade, transport and tourism - services, people engaged in tertiary activities - some examples from selected countries. Quatenary activities-concept - people engaged in quatenary activities - case study from selected countries.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch08 Transport and Communication Class 12 Geography Ch08 Transport and Communication - Land transport, Water transport, Air transport, Oil and gas pipelines, Satellite communication and cyber space.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch09 International Trade Class 12 Geography Ch09 International Trade - Bases and changing patterns; ports as gateways of international trade, role of WTO in International trade.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch11 India Population Class 12 Geography Ch11 India Population - distribution, density and growth, composition of population - linguistic, religious, sex, rural-urban and occupational-regional variations in growth of population.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch14 India Human Settlements Class 12 Geography Ch14 India Human Settlements - Rural settlements and Urban settlements - types, distribution and functional classification. Human settlement means cluster of dwellings of any type or size where human beings live. House is the smallest unit of settlement.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch15 India Land Resource and Agriculture Class 12 Geography Ch15 India Land Resource and Agriculture - general land use; agricultural land use, Geographical conditions and distribution of major crops (Wheat, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane and Rubber), agricultural development and problems.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch16 India Water Resources Class 12 Geography Ch16 India Water Resources - availability and utilization-irrigation, domestic, industrial and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods-rain water harvesting and watershed management.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch17 India Mineral and Energy Resources Class 12 Geography Ch17 India Mineral and Energy Resources - distribution of metallic (Iron ore, Copper, Bauxite, Manganese), non-metallic (Mica, Salt) minerals; conventional (Coal, Petroleum, Natural gas and Hydroelectricity) and non-conventional energy sources (solar, wind, biogas) and conservation.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch19 India Planning and Sustainable Development Class 12 Geography Ch19 India Planning and Sustainable Development - target group area planning (case study), idea of sustainable development (case study).
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch20 India Transport and Communication Class 12 Geography Ch20 India Transport and Communication - roads, railways, waterways and airways: oil and gas pipelines, Geographical information and communication networks.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch21 India International Trade Class 12 Geography Ch21 India International Trade - changing pattern of India's foreign trade, sea ports and their hinterland and airports. International trade is mutually beneficial as no country is self- sufficient.
Download CBSE Revision Notes for CBSE Class 12 Geography Ch22 India Geographical Perspective Class 12 Geography Ch22 India Gepgraphical Perspective - Environmental pollution, urban-waste disposal, Urbanisation, rural-urban migration, problems of slums, Land degradation.
CBSE Class12 Notes and Key Points
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 12 Geography PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 12 Geography – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 12 Geography
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Geography class 12
- Short notes for CBSE class 12th Geography
- Key notes and chapter summary of Geography class 12
- Quick revision notes for CBSE board exam
CBSE Class 12 Geography Chapter-wise Revision Notes
- Chapter 1 - Human Geography Nature and Scope
- Chapter 2 - The World Population Distribution
- Chapter 3 - Population Composition
- Chapter 4 – Human Development
- Chapter 5 – Primary Activities
- Chapter 6 – Secondary Activities
- Chapter 7 – Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
- Chapter 8 – Transport and Communication
- Chapter 9 – International Trade
- Chapter 10 - Human Settlements
Free Download of CBSE Class 12 Revision Notes
Key Notes for CBSE Board Students for Class 12. Important topics of all subjects are given in these CBSE notes. These notes will provide you overview of the chapter and important points to remember. These are very useful summary notes with neatly explained examples for best revision of the book.
CBSE Class-12 Revision Notes and Key Points
CBSE quick revision note for class-12 Geography, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-12 Physics
- Revision Notes for class-12 Chemistry
- Revision Notes for class-12 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-12 Biology
- Revision Notes for class-12 Accountancy
- Revision Notes for class-12 Economics
- Revision Notes for class-12 Business Studies
- Revision Notes for class-12 Computer Science
- Revision Notes for class-12 Informatics Practices
- Revision Notes for class-12 English Core
- Revision Notes for class-12 History
- Revision Notes for class-12 Physical Education
CBSE class 12 Geography (Book-1)
Chapter -1 Revision Notes
Human Geography nature and scope
GIST OF THE LESSON:
· Geography is a field of study is integrative, empirical and practical
· it studies each and every event on the earth over the space and time
· human geography studies the relationship between man and nature
· Geo. can be studied through law making or descriptive
There are two approaches of geography
1. systematic approach
2. Regional approach
Vi physical and human phenomena are described in metaphors using symbols from the human anatomy
Vii definition of human geography
Human Geography Defined
• “Human geography is the synthetic study of relationship between human societies and earth‟s surface”. Ratzel
Synthesis has been emphasized in the above definition.
•“Human geography is the study of “the changing relationship between the un-resting man and the unstable earth.”Ellen C. Semple
Dynamism in the relationship is the keyword in Semple‟s definition.
• “Conception resulting from a more synthetic knowledge of the physical laws governing our earth and of the relations between the living beings which inhabit it”. Paul Vidal de la Blache
NATURE OF HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
1. Human geography studies the inter relationship between the physical environment and socio-cultural environment created by man. 2. Elements of physical are land, water, soil, climate, vegetation, fauna 3. Elements of cultural are transport and communication, settlements, crops NATURALISATION OF HUMANS a. Man interact with nature with the help of technology b. It is not important that what he creates but with what tools he used to create c. Technology indicates the level of cultural development of society d. Understanding the nature helps to create technology 1. understanding of friction and heat helped to discover fire
2. understanding DNA helped to eradicate diseases
3. laws of thermodynamics helped to develop fast planes
4. knowledge about nature is extremely important to develop technology and technology loosens the shackles of environment on human being .
5. the interaction between primitive society and nature is called ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINISM.
HUMANISATION OF NATURE
1. With the development of technology people understood the nature well
2. They move from state of necessity to state of possibilities
3. Human activities created cultural landscape
4. so it is called as possibilism
NEODETERMINISM/ STOP AND GO DETERMINISM
1.Developed by Griffith Taylor
2.It is a middle path between environmental determinism and possibilism
3. the concept shows that neither is there a situation of absolute necessity nor is there a condition of absolute freedom.
4. sustainable development is the main aim
5. The Neo determinism maintains balance between development and nature
HUMAN GEOGRAPHY THROUGH THE CORRIDORS OF TIME
Schools of human geography
Concerned with social well being of the people a. housing b. Health c. Education RADICAL SCHOOL
Concerned with causes of poverty, deprivation and social Inequality BEHAVIOURAL SCHOOL
Question Paper Creator
- Create papers in minutes
- Print with your name & Logo
- Download as PDF
- 5 Lakhs+ Questions
- Solutions Included
- Based on CBSE Syllabus
- Best fit for Schools & Tutors