CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Cell structure and functions Class 11 Biology Class book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 11 Biology chapter wise NCERT solution for Biology for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Cell structure and functions as PDF.
NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter wise Solutions
UNIT I: DIVERSITY IN THE LIVING WORLD
- 1 : The Living World
- 2 : Biological Classification
- 3 : Plant Kingdom
- 4 : Animal Kingdom
UNIT II: STRUCTURAL ORGANISATION IN PLANTS AND ANIMALS
- 5 : Morphology of Flowering Plants
- 6 : Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- 7 : Structural Organisation in Animals
UNIT III: CELL: STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
- 8 : Cell : The Unit of Life
- 9 : Biomolecules
- 10 : Cell Cycle and Cell Division
UNIT IV: PLANT PHYSIOLOGY
- 11 : Transport in Plants
- 12 : Mineral Nutrition
- 13 : Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- 14 : Respiration in Plants
- 15 : Plant Growth and Development
UNIT V: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- 16 : Digestion and Absorption
- 17 : Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- 18 : Body Fluids and Circulation
- 19 : Excretory Products and their Elimination
- 20 : Locomotion and Movement
- 21 : Neural Control and Coordination
- 22 : Chemical Coordination and Integration
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 8 Cell structure and functions
- 8.1 What is a Cell?
- 8.2 Cell Theory
- 8.3 An Overview of Cell
- 8.4 Prokaryotic Cells
- 8.5 Eukaryotic Cells
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Cell structure and functions
1. Which of the following is not correct?
(a) Robert Brown discovered the cell.
(b) Schleiden and Schwann formulated the cell theory.
(c) Virchow explained that cells are formed from pre-existing cells.
(d) A unicellular organism carries out its life activities within a single cell.
2. New cells generate from
(a) bacterial fermentation
(b) regeneration of old cells
(c) pre-existing cells
(d) abiotic materials
3. Match the following
(a) Cristae (i) Flat membranous sacs in stroma
(b) Cisternae (ii) Infoldings in mitochondria
(c) Thylakoids (iii) Disc-shaped sacs in Golgi apparatus
4. Which of the following is correct:
(a) Cells of all living organisms have a nucleus.
(b) Both animal and plant cells have a well defined cell wall.
(c) In prokaryotes, there are no membrane bound organelles.
(d) Cells are formed de novo from abiotic materials.
5. What is a mesosome in a prokaryotic cell? Mention the functions that it performs.
6. How do neutral solutes move across the plasma membrane? Can the polar molecules also move across it in the same way? If not, then how are these transported across the membrane?
7. Name two cell-organelles that are double membrane bound. What are the characteristics of these two organelles? State their functions and draw labelled diagrams of both.
8. What are the characteristics of prokaryotic cells?
9. Multicellular organisms have division of labour. Explain.
10. Cell is the basic unit of life. Discuss in brief.
11. What are nuclear pores? State their function.
12. Both lysosomes and vacuoles are endomembrane structures, yet they differ in terms of their functions. Comment.
13. Describe the structure of the following with the help of labelled diagrams.
(i) Nucleus (ii) Centrosome
14. What is a centromere? How does the position of centromere form the basis of classification of chromosomes. Support your answer with a diagram showing the position of centromere on different types of chromosomes.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology
NCERT Solutions Class 11 Biology PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 11 Biology includes text book solutions. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 Biology have total 22 chapters. 11 Biology NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Biology class 11 solutions PDF and Biology ncert class 11 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 11
To download NCERT Solutions for class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.