Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
UPES, Dehradun - Enroll Yourself for the Academic Year 2020
CBSE Class 8 Important Questions Chapter 3 Geography. myCBSEguide has just released Chapter Wise Question Answers for class 8 Social Science. There chapter wise Practice Questions with complete solutions are available for download in myCBSEguide website and mobile app. These Extra Questions with solution are prepared by our team of expert teachers who are teaching grade in CBSE schools for years. There are around 4-5 set of solved Geography Extra questions from each and every chapter. The students will not miss any concept in these Chapter wise question that are specially designed to tackle Exam. We have taken care of every single concept given in CBSE Class 8 Social Science syllabus and questions are framed as per the latest marking scheme and blue print issued by CBSE for Class 8.
Mineral and Power Resources Extra Questions of Class 8 Geography
Ch-15 Mineral and Power Resources
- Name the continent with the largest producer of bauxite in the world
- South America
- North America
- Pick out the region of North America where huge mineral deposits are found.
- Kalgoorlie region
- Witwatersrand region
- Chota Nagpur plateau
- The Appalachian region
- Name the two important states where large deposits of Uranium are found.
- Rajasthan and Karnataka
- Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra
- Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh
- Rajasthan and Jharkhand
- Give two examples of non- metallic mineral fuels from the options given below:
- Gold, Silver
- Coal, Petroleum
- Manganese Ore, Bauxite
- Iron Ore, Bauxite
- Which continent is the leading producer of iron ore in the world?
- North America
Match the following:
Column A Column B (i) Wind (a) Nuclear power plant (ii) Kalpakkam (b) The world’s largest geothermal power plant producer (iii) France (c) An inexhaustible source of energy (iv) USA (d) The first tidal energy station
Fill in the blanks:
- _______ is found in large quantities in the monazite sands of Kerala.
- In India, ______ and _______ have large deposits of uranium.
- Wind is an __________ source of energy.
- _______ energy is used in solar heater, solar cookers, etc.
State True or False:
- Iron is a non-metallic mineral.
- Asia, China and India have iron ore deposits.
- Gold is found in Kolar in Kerala.
- Minerals are the backbone of industrialisation.
- What are the power resources?
- Copper is an element used in almost everything.
- Chile and Peru are leading producers of copper.
Write the advantages and disadvantages of firewood.
Explain the distribution of minerals in the world.
Ch-15 Mineral and Power Resources
- (a) Australia, Explanation: Australia leads in the production of bauxite in the world.
- (d) The Appalachian region, Explanation: The Appalachians are the mountains in eastern North America where huge minerals deposits are found.
- (d) Rajasthan and Jharkhand, Explanation: Rajasthan and Jharkhand are rich in Uranium reserves.
- (b) Coal, Petroleum, Explanation: The mineral fuels like coal and petroleum are non-metallic minerals.
- (c) Europe, Explanation: Europe has large iron ore deposits. Hence, Europe is the leading producer of iron-ore in the world
- Wind – (c) An inexhaustible source of energy
- Kalpakkam – (a) Nuclear power plant
- France – (d) The first tidal energy station
- USA – (b) The world’s largest geothermal power plant producer
- Thorium is found in large quantities in the monazite sands of Kerala.
- In India, Rajasthan and Jharkhand have large deposits of uranium.
- Wind is an inexhaustible source of energy.
- Solar energy is used in solar heater, solar cookers, etc.
- Power resources are the resources which provide power or energy for industry, agriculture, transport, communication and defence.
- Advantages of firewood:Disadvantages of firewood:
- They are easy to access.
- They provide energy to a large number of people.
- Collection of firewood is time-consuming.
- It is a polluting source.
- It causes deforestation.
- Minerals occur in different types of rocks. Generally, igneous and metamorphic rocks that form large plateaus. Iron-ore in north Sweden, copper and nickel deposits in Ontario, Canada, iron, nickel, chromites, and platinum in South Africa are examples of minerals found in igneous and metamorphic rocks. Sedimentary rock formations of plains and young fold mountains contain non-metallic minerals like limestone. Mineral fuels such as coal and petroleum are also found in the sedimentary strata. For example, limestone deposits of the Caucasus region of France, Manganese deposits of Georgia and Ukraine and phosphate beds of Algeria and mineral fuels like coal and petroleum are found in the sedimentary strata.
Chapter Wise Extra Questions for Class 8 Social Science
- How When and Where
- From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power
- Ruling the Countryside
- Tribals Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- When People Rebel 1857 and After
- Colonialism and the City
- Weavers Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
- Civilising the Native Educating the Nation
- Women Caste and Reform
- The Changing World of Visual Arts
- The Making of the National Movement 1870 to 1947
- India After Independence
- Land Soil Water Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Mineral and Power Resources
- Human Resources
- The Indian Constitution
- Understanding Secularism
- Why Do We Need a Parliament
- Understanding Laws
- Understanding Our Criminal Justice system
- Understanding Marginalisation
- Confronting Marginalisation
- Public Facilities
- Law and Social Justice
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)