CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Problem Solving Assessment for classes IX and XI for the academic year 2013-14 will be held on 10th January, 2014 ( for summer closing schools) and on October 19, 2013 ( for winter closing schools). Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) for students of classes IX and XI was conducted by the Board on 16th February, 2013 for the previous academic session. It was primarily aimed at assessing students’ reasoning skills, analytical skills, thinking skills and other higher order mental abilities. However, since winter closing schools were closed during the months of January and February due to severe cold conditions, this test could not be conducted for these schools.
PSA Sample Papers are available for free download at mycbseguide.com
Salient features of this test will be as follows:
- It will be compulsory for all students of classes IX and XI.
- It will comprise of 60 items of MCQ type and will carry 60 marks.
- The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- There is no specific syllabus for this test. It will assess life skills related to the following elements:
- The items will incorporate assessment of 21st Century skills such as Creative Thinking, Decision-making, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Communication skills that lead to greater success at higher education as well as real life situations. These items will be assessing students’ ability to process, interpret and use information rather than merely assessing students’ prior subject knowledge.
- The assessment in language will contain items that will assess grammar, usage, vocabulary in context and passage-completion.
- The items will be prepared in Hindi as well as English.
- PSA score will be counted towards FA4 which is 10% of total assessments for class-IX. This score will be reflected equally in one language (English or Hindi), Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Class-XI students will be issued a separate certificate for the same.
- All those students of classes X and XII (who appeared in PSA while studying in classes IX and XI during the previous session) who wish to improve in PSA may be allowed to do so. Related information may be indicated clearly at the time of submission of the List of Candidates for 2014 annual examination.
- There will be no separate registration for appearing in PSA.