CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Life in the deserts book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 7 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our 1 and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Geography Class 7 Download as PDF
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
- Inside our earth
- Our Changing Earth
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Human environment-settlement transport and communication
- Human-environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region
- Life in the temperate grasslands
- Life in the deserts
- Racing changes through a thousand years
- New kings and kingdoms
- The Delhi Sultans
- The Mughal Empire
- Rules and buildings
- Towns, traders and craftspersons
- Tribes, nomads and settled communities
- Devotional paths to the divine
- The making of regional cultures
- Eighteenth-century political formations
- Equality in Indian democracy
- Role of the government in health
- How the state government works
- Growing up as boys and girls
- Women change the world
- Media and advertising
- Understanding advertising
- A shirt in the market
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Life in the deserts
Q1. Answer the following questions.
- What are the two types of deserts found in the world?
- In which continent is the Sahara desert located?
- What are the climatic conditions of the Ladakh desert?
- What mainly attracts tourists to Ladakh?
- What type of clothes do the people of the Sahara desert wear?
- Name the trees that grow in Ladakh.
- Depending on the temperature there are two types of deserts-Cold Deserts and Hot Deserts.
- The Sahara desert is located on the African continent. It is situated on the Northern side of Africa.
- Following are the climatic conditions of Ladakh:
- The altitude in Ladakh varies from about 3000m in Kargil to 8000 m in the Karakoram.
- Due to its high altitude, the climate is extremely cold and dry.
- Moreover, the air at this altitude is so thin that the heat of the sun can be felt intensely.
- The day temperatures in summers are just above zero degree and the night temperatures are well below -30°C.
- It is freezing cold in the winters, with the temperatures mostly remaining below -40°C.
- As it lies in the rain shadow of the Himalayas, there is little rainfall, as low as 10 cm every year.
- The area experiences freezing winds and burning hot sunlight.
- Tourism in Ladakh:
- Tourism is a major activity with several tourists streaming in within India and abroad.
- The Buddhist monasteries with their traditional gompas, the meadows and glaciers, and the ceremonies and festivities of the local people are some of the features that attract tourists to Ladakh
- The beautiful Pangong Tso lake on the Indo-China border, Baima, whose villagers trace their descent to the early Aryan settlers and Nubra Valley which is situated near the strategic Siachen glacier on the Indo-Pak border are also some features that attract tourists to Ladakh.
- The people of the Sahara desert has to face harsh dry climatic conditions. They wear long, loose-fitting, heavy robes, and head wrappings. These types of clothes keep them cool and protect them from hot winds and dust storms in the desert.
- Willows, poplars, and fruit trees such as apples, apricots and walnuts are some of the trees that grow in Ladakh.
Q2. Tick the correct answer.
(i) Sahara is located in which part of Africa
Ans: (b) northern
(ii) Sahara is what type of desert
Ans: (b) hot
(iii) The Ladakh desert is mainly inhabited by
(a) Christians and Muslims
(b) Buddhists and Muslims
(c) Christians and Buddhists
Ans: (b) Buddhists and Muslims
(iv) Deserts are characterized by
(a) scanty vegetation
(b) heavy precipitation
(c) low evaporation
Ans: (a) scanty vegetation
(v) Hemis in the Ladakh is a famous
Ans: (c) monastery
(vi) Egypt is famous for growing
Ans: (c) cotton
Q3. Match the following.
|(i) Oasis||(a) Libya|
|(ii) Bedouins||(b) Monastery|
|(iii) Oil/td>||(c) Glacier|
|(iv) Gangri||(d) Depressions with water|
|(v) Lamayuru||(e) Cold desert|
|(i) Oasis||(d) Depressions with water|
|(ii) Bedouins||(f) Sahara|
|(iii) Oil||(a) Libya|
|(iv) Gangri||(c) Glacier|
|(v) Lamayuru||(b) Monastery|
Q4. Give reasons.
(i) There is scanty vegetation in the deserts.
(ii) People of the Sahara desert wear heavy robes.
(i) Reasons for Scanty vegetation in deserts:
- There is scanty vegetation in the deserts due to unfavourable climatic conditions for the growth of vegetation.
- A desert is defined as an arid region characterized by extremely high or low temperatures, and very low rainfall.
- These extreme climatic conditions are not suitable for flora to grow.
(ii) People of the Sahara desert wear heavy robes due to the following reasons:
- The people of the Sahara desert wear long, loose-fitting, heavy robes, and head wrappings.
- These clothes protect them from the direct heat of the sun and keep them cool.
- These clothes also protect people from dust storms and hot winds
- The loose-fitting clothes allow air to circulate, prevent sweat from evaporating quickly and hence help the body retain fluids.
NCERT solutions for Class 7 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 7 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Social Science have total 30 chapters. 7 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 7 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 7 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 7
To download NCERT Solutions for class 7 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.