CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science India climate vegetation and wildlife book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science India Climate vegetation and wildlife
Question 1: Answer the following questions briefly.
- Which winds bring rainfall in India? Why is it so important?
- Name the different seasons in India.
- What is natural vegetation?
- Name the different types of vegetation found in India.
- What is the difference between evergreen forest and deciduous forest?
- Why is tropical rain forest also called evergreen forest?
- The winds which bring rainfall in India are monsoon winds. Due to India’s location in the tropical region, most of the rain is brought by these monsoon winds. Agriculture is India’s main economic activity and is dependent on rains. Good monsoons mean adequate rain and abundant crops. So these monsoon winds are very important for rainfall in India.
- The different major seasons in India are:
- the Cold Weather Season (Winter) December to February,
- the Hot Weather Season (Summer) March to May,
- the South West Monsoon Season(Rainy season) June to September
- the Season of Retreating Monsoon (Autumn) October and November.
- The grasses, shrubs, and trees that grow on their own without interference or help from human beings are called natural vegetation. Different types of natural vegetation are dependent on various climatic conditions, among which the amount of rainfall is very important.
- Due to varied climatic conditions, the different types of vegetation are found in India. They are- Tropical evergreen forests or Rainforests, Tropical deciduous forests, Thorny bushes, Mountain vegetation, and Mangrove forests.
- Tropical rain forests or evergreen forests are found in areas receiving heavy rainfall. They are very dense. They shed their leaves at different times of the year. As a result, they always appear green. Important trees found in these forests are mahogany, ebony, and rosewood. These evergreen forests are found in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, parts of North-Eastern states and a narrow strip of the Western slope of the Western Ghats. Tropical deciduous forests are also called monsoon forests. They are found in a large part of the country and less dense. They shed their leaves at a particular time of the year. Important trees of these forests are sal, teak, peepal, neem, and shisham. These forests are found in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and in parts of Maharashtra.
- The tropical rainforests are found where there is heavy rainfall. They are so dense that sunlight doesn’t reach the ground. As the rainfall is adequate, the trees retain their leaves and remain green throughout the year. They shed their leaves at different times of the year. Therefore, they always appear green and are called evergreen forests.
Question 2: Tick the correct answers.
- The world’s highest rainfall occurs in
- Mangrove forests can thrive in
- saline water
- fresh water
- polluted water
- Mahogany and rosewood trees are found in
- Mangrove forests
- tropical deciduous forests
- tropical evergreen forests
- Wild goats and snow leopards are found in/>
- Himalayan region
- Peninsular region
- Gir forests
- During the south-west monsoon period, the moisture-laden winds blow from
- land to sea
- sea to land
- plateau to plains
- (iii) Mawsynram
- (i) saline water
- (iii) tropical evergreen forests
- (i) Himalayan region
- (ii) sea to and question
3: Fill in the blanks.
- Hot and dry winds known as __________ blow during the day in the summers.
- The states of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu receive a great amount of rainfall during the season of _____________.
- __________ forest in Gujrat is the home of ___________.
- __________ is a well-known species of mangrove forests.
- __________ are also called monsoon forests.
- Hot and dry winds known as loo blow during the day in the summers.
- The states of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu receive a great amount of rainfall during the season of retreating monsoons.
- Gir forest in Gujrat is the home of Asiatic lions.
- Sundari is a well-known species of mangrove forests.
- Tropical deciduous forests are also called monsoon forests.
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science india climate vegetation and wildlife PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes text book solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi ,English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.