CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography major domains of the earth book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Geography major domains of the earth
Question 1: Answer the following questions briefly.
- What are the four major domains of the Earth?
Answer: The four major domains of the Earth are as follows:
- Lithosphere: The solid portion of the earth on which we live is called the Lithosphere.
- Hydrosphere: All the water bodies together constitute Hydrosphere.
- Atmosphere: The gaseous layers that surround the earth, is the Atmosphere
- Biosphere: It is the narrow zone where we find land, water and air together, which contains all forms of life.
- Name the major continents of the Earth.
Answer: There are seven major continents of the Earth. These are separated by large water bodies. The continents are: Asia, Europe, Africa, North America, South America, Australia and Antarctica. They cover about 29 percent of the Earth’s surface.
- Name the two continents that lie entirely in the Southern Hemisphere.
Answer:The two continents that lie entirely in the Southern Hemisphere are: Australia and Antarctica.
- Name the different layers of atmosphere.
Answer:There are five different layers of atmosphere. They are: Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere and Exosphere.
- Why is the Earth called the ‘blue planet’?
Answer: The Earth is called the ‘blue planet’ because of the following reasons:
- It appears blue in colour due to the reflection of light from the water on its surface.
- It is so called also because three fourth or more than 71 percent of its surface is covered with water.
- Why is the Northern Hemisphere called the Land Hemisphere?
Answer: The Northern Hemisphere is called the ‘Land Hemisphere’ because the greater part of Earth’s land mass, i.e. majority of the continents lie in the Northern Hemisphere lie in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Why is the biosphere important for living organisms?
Answer: The biosphere is the narrow zone of contact between land, water and air. It is the zone in which the life exists, as a result of interaction between land, water and air. All the living organisms are linked to each other and to the biosphere for survival.
Question 2: Tick the correct answers.
- The mountain range that separates Europe from Asia is
- the Himalayas
- the Andes
- the Urals
- The continent of North America is linked to South America by
- an Isthmus
- a Canal
- a Strait
- The major constituent of atmosphere by percent is
- Carbon dioxide
- The domain of the Earth consisting of solid rocks is
- the Hydrosphere
- the Atmosphere
- the Lithosphere
- Which is the largest continent?
- (iii) the Urals
- (i) an Isthmus
- (ii) Nitrogen
- (iii) the Lithosphere
- (ii) Asia
Question 3: Fill in the blanks.
- The deepest point on the Earth is _________ in the Pacific Ocean.
- The _________ Ocean is named after a country.
- The _________ is a narrow contact of land, water and air that supports life.
- The continents of Europe and Asia together are known as __________.
- The highest mountain peak on the Earth is __________.
- The deepest point on the Earth is Marina Trench in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Indian Ocean is named after a country.
- The biosphere is a narrow contact zone of land, water and air that supports life.
- The continents of Europe and Asia together are known as Eurasia.
- The highest mountain peak on the Earth is Mount Everest.
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.