NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core Flamingo Deep Water Class 12 English Core Class book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 English Core chapter wise NCERT solution for English Core part 1 and English Core part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Flamingo Deep Water as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 English Core Chapter wise Solutions
Flamingo – Prose
- 1: The Last Lesson (Alphonse Daudet)
- 2: Lost Spring (Anees Jung)
- 3: Deep Water (William Douglas)
- 4: The Rattrap (Selma Lagerlof)
- 5: Indigo (Louis Fischer)
- 6: Going Places (A. R. Barton)
Flamingo – Poetry
- 1: My Mother at Sixty – Six (Kamala Das)
- 2: An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum (Stephen Spender)
- 3: Keeping Quiet (Pablo Neruda)
- 4: A Thing of Beauty (John Keats)
- 5: Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers (Adrienne Rich)
Vistas – Supplementary Reader
- 1: The Third Level (Jack Finney)
- 2. The Tiger King (Kalki)
- 3. Journey to the end of the Earth (Tishani Doshi)
- 4. The Enemy Pearl (S. Buck)
- 5. Should Wizard hit Mommy (John Updike)
- 6. On the face of It (Susan Hill)
- 7. Evans Tries an O-level (Colin Dexter)
NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core Flamingo Deep Water
1. Notice these words and expressions in the text. Infer their meaning from the context.
Subdued my prid:
Flailed at the surface:
Fishing for landlocked salmon:
Bob to the surface like a cork:
Curtain of life fell:
Back and forth across the pool:
Think As you Read
1. What is the “misadventure” that William Douglas speaks about?
2. What were the series of emotions and fears that Douglas experienced when he was thrown into the pool? What plans did he make to come to the surface?
3. How did this experience affect him?
1. Why was Douglas determined to get over his fear of water?
2. How did the instructor “build a swimmer” out of Douglas?
3. How did Douglas make sure that he conquered the old terror?
Understanding the Text
1. How does Douglas make clear to the reader the sense of panic that gripped him as he almost drowned? Describe the details that have made the description vivid.
2. How did Douglas overcome his fear of water?
3. Why does Douglas as an adult recount a childhood experience of terror and his conquering of it? What larger meaning does he draw from his experience?
Talking about the text
1. “All we have to fear is fear itself”. Have you ever had a fear that you have now overcome? Share your experience with your partner.
Talking about Language
1. If someone else had narrated Douglas’ experience, how would it have differed from this account? Write out a sample paragraph or paragraphs from this text from the point of view of a third person or observer to find out which style of narration would you consider to be more effective? Why?
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English Core
NCERT Solutions Class 12 English Core PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 English Core includes text book solutions from both part 1 and part 2. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 English Core have total 22 chapters. 12 English Core NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert English Core class 12 solutions PDF and English Core ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now