mycbseguide.com Best online education website for cbse students. We provide you NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. Most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 English Core chapter wise solution for English Core part 1 and part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for Class 12 English Download as PDF
NCERT Class 12 English Core Chapter wise Solutions
Flamingo – Prose
- The Last Lesson (Alphonse Daudet)
- Lost Spring (Anees Jung)
- Deep Water (William Douglas)
- The Rattrap (Selma Lagerlof)
- Indigo (Louis Fischer)
- Going Places (A. R. Barton)
Flamingo – Poetry
- My Mother at Sixty – Six (Kamala Das)
- An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum (Stephen Spender)
- Keeping Quiet (Pablo Neruda)
- A Thing of Beauty (John Keats)
- Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers (Adrienne Rich)
Vistas – Supplementary Reader
- The Third Level (Jack Finney)
- The Tiger King (Kalki)
- Journey to the end of the Earth (Tishani Doshi)
- The Enemy Pearl (S. Buck)
- Should Wizard hit Mommy (John Updike)
- On the face of It (Susan Hill)
- Evans Tries an O-level (Colin Dexter)
NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum
1. Have you ever visited or seen an elementary school in a slum? What does it look like?
Think it Out
1. Tick the item which best answers the following.
(a) The tall girl with her head weighed down means the girl ______________________.
(i) is ill and exhausted
(ii) has her head bent with shame
(iii) has untidy hair
(b) The paper-seeming boy with rat’s eyes means the boy is ______________________.
(i) sly and secretive
(ii) thin, hungry and weak
(iii) unpleasant looking
(c) The stunted, unlucky heir of twisted bones means the boy ______________________.
(i) has an inherited disability
(ii) was short and bony
(d) His eyes live in a dream. A squirrel’s game, in the tree room other than this. This means the boy is ______________________.
(i) full of hope in the future
(ii) mentally ill
(iii) distracted from the lesson
(e) The children’s faces are compared to ‘rootless weeds’. This means they ______________________.
(i) are insecure
(ii) are ill-fed
(iii) are wasters
2. What do you think is the colour of ‘sour cream’? Why do you think the poet has used this expression to describe the classroom walls?
3. The walls of the classroom are decorated with the pictures of ‘Shakespeare’, ‘buildings with domes’, ‘world maps’ and beautiful valleys. How do these contrast with the world of these children?
4. What does the poet want for the children of the slums? How can their lives be made to change?
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now