NCERT Solutions for class 11 English Core Hornbill Silk Road Class 11 English Core Class book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 11 English Core chapter wise NCERT solution for English Core part 1 and English Core part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Hornbill Silk Road as PDF.
NCERT Class 11 English Core Chapter-wise Solutions
English core Part I (Hornbill)
- 1 : The Portrait Of A Lady Summary
- 2 : A Photograph Summary
- 3 : We’re Not Afraid To Die…If We Can All Be Together Summary
- 4 : Discovering Tut: The Saga Continues Summary
- 5 : The Voice Of The Rain Summary
- 6 : The Ailing Planet: The Green Movement’s Role Summary
- 7 : The Browning Version Summary
- 8 : Childhood Summary
- 9 : Father To Son Summary
English core Part II (Snapshot)
- 1- The Summer of the Beautiful White Horse
- 2- The Address
- 3- Ranga’s Marriage
- 4- Albert Einstein at School
- 5- Mother’s Day
- 6- The Ghat of the only World
- 7- Birth
- 8- The Tale of Melon City
NCERT Solutions for class 11 English Core Hornbill Silk Road
1. Notice these expressions in the text.
Infer their meaning from the context.
i) ducking back
iii) careered down
v) cairn of rocks
vi) salt flats
Page No: 82 Understanding the Text
I. Give reasons for the following statements.
1. The article has been titled ‘Silk Road.’
2. Tibetan mastiffs were popular in China’s imperial courts.
3. The author’s experience at Hor was in stark contrast to earlier accounts of the place.
4. The author was disappointed with Darchen.
5. The author thought that his positive thinking strategy worked well after all.
II. Briefly comment on
1. The purpose of the author’s journey to Mount Kailash.
2. The author’s physical condition in Darchen.
3. The author’s meeting with Norbu.
4. Tsetan’s support to the author during the journey.
5. “As a Buddhist, he told me, he knew that it didn’t really matter if I passed away, but he thought it would be bad for business.”
Talking about Text
Discuss in groups of four
1.The sensitive behaviour of hill-folk.
2. The reasons why people willingly undergo the travails of difficult journeys.
3. The accounts of exotic places in legends and the reality.
Thinking about Language
1. What do the following utterances indicate?
(i) “I told her, through Daniel …”
(ii) “It’s a cold,” he said finally through Tsetan.
Page No: 83
1. Guess the meaning of the following words.
kora, drokba, kyang
In which language are these words found?
Working with Words
1. Explain the use of the adjectives in the following phrases.
(i) shaggy monsters
(ii) brackish lakes
(iii) rickety table
(iv) hairpin bend
(v) rudimentary general stores
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 English Core
NCERT Solutions Class 11 English Core PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 11 English Core includes text book solutions from both part 1 and part 2. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 English Core have total 21 chapters. 11 English Core NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert English Core class 11 solutions PDF and English Core ncert class 11 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 11
To download NCERT Solutions for class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now