Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
2. Explain tropospheric pollution in 100 words.
3. Carbon monoxide gas is more dangerous than carbon dioxide gas. Why?
4. List gases which are responsible for greenhouse effect
5. Statues and monuments in India are affected by acid rain. How?
6. What is smog? How is classical smog different from photochemical smog?
7. Write down the reactions involved during the formation of photochemical smog.
8. What are the harmful effects of photochemical smog and how can they be controlled?
9. What are the reactions involved for ozone layer depletion in the stratosphere?
10. What do you mean by ozone hole? What are its consequences?
11. What are the major causes of water pollution? Explain.
12. Have you ever observed any water pollution in your area? What measures would you suggest to control it?
13. What do you mean by Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)?
14. Do you observe any soil pollution in your neighbourhood? What efforts will you make for controlling the soil pollution?
15. What are pesticides and herbicides? Explain giving examples.
16. What do you mean by green chemistry? How will it help decrease environmental pollution?
17. What would have happened if the greenhouse gases were totally missing in the earth’s atmosphere? Discuss.
18. A large number of fish are suddenly found floating dead on a lake. There is no evidence of toxic dumping but you find an abundance of phytoplankton. Suggest a reason for the fish kill.
19. How can domestic waste be used as manure?
20. For your agricultural field or garden you have developed a compost producing pit. Discuss the process in the light of bad odour, flies and recycling of wastes for a good produce.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)