CBSE Rules for Improvement of Performance
Improvement Examination Rules for class 12 students are given in this article. CBSE has provided rules of improvement examination for class 12. This gives you another chance to enhance your result if you can’t do it in the first attempt. You can see the procedure given below. For any queries just visit the official website of CBSE or myCBSEguide.com.
You may be thinking of the syllabus of improvement exam which is the main problem. We are trying to resolve this issue by providing you the study materials through our platform. Kindly update with us.
A candidate who has passed an examination of the Board may reappear for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the succeeding year only; however, a candidate who has passed an examination of the Board under Vocational Scheme may reappear for improvement of performance in the main examination in the succeeding year or the following year provided they have not pursued higher studies in the mean time. They will appear as private candidates. Those reappearing for the whole examination may, however, appear as regular candidates also if admitted by the school as regular students. The candidate (s) appearing for improvement of performance can appear in the subject (s) only in which they have appeared for the Examination.
For subjects involving practical work, in case the candidate has passed in practical at the main examination, she shall be allowed to appear in theory part only and marks in practical obtained at the main examination shall be carried forward and accounted for. In case a candidate has failed in practical, she shall have to appear in theory and practical both irrespective of the fact that she has already cleared the theory examination.
Candidates who appear for Improvement of Performance will be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks of the improvement examination.
A candidate appearing for Improvement of Performance in one or more subjects cannot appear for additional subject simultaneously.
Candidates appearing in six subjects at the Senior School Certificate Examination having been declared ‘Pass’ by virtue of securing pass marks in five subjects as per Rule 2.2 (iv) may appear in the failing main subject at the Compartment Examination to be held in July the same year provided she had appeared at the Examination held in March in the said subject.
How to apply?
- If the candidate has passed the practical examination, he or she will be allowed to appear only in theory part.
- The application forms for Improvement examination will be available from July onward which costs INR 10.
- The fees per subject to be submitted is INR 200 (subjected to change).
- The forms can be collected from Syndicate Bank branches throughout Delhi and Regional Offices of CBSE for other regions.
- The results will be announced in the month of May next year at http://cbseresults.nic.in
- The whole process can be done online.
- You need to carry the admit card and marksheet to fill the details required.