CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE has issued a circular regarding conduct of class 9 and 10 home examinations. The letter follows as below :
This is in continuation of our Circular No.43/2010 dated 02.08.2010 regarding conduct of Classes IX and X Examination under Summative Assessment-I held in September, 2010.
As you are aware, the Central Board of Secondary Education has introduced Examination Reforms and Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation(CCE) in its schools since last academic year 2009-10 and the detailed scheme has already been intimated to all Heads of schools vide CBSE’s previous circulars.
2. The scheme is in operation in all CBSE affiliated schools in Class IX since last year. As per the scheme, four Formative Assessments and two Summative Assessments would be held in an academic year. The first Summative Assessment (SA-I) for this term for Classes IX and X has been conducted in the second half of September, 2010.
3. Under the School Based Summative Assessment-II, the students will be tested internally based on the following criteria:
- Syllabus and Examination Question Paper Design in different subjects for Classes IX and X Summative Assessment will be the same as circulated by the Board earlier. The same is also available on CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in under CCE corner.
- As was done earlier, the Summative Assessment-II will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves.
- In order to ensure standards, the Question Paper Bank in different subjects would be sent by the Board so as to reach schools well in time.
- Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school teachers themselves on the basis of the Mark ing Scheme provided by the Board.
- The school may use the Sahodaya School Cluster for spot evaluation so that teachers from other schools are also involved, if they so wish.
- There will be random verification of the assessment procedures of schools by the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board.
4. It has been decided to provide Question Paper Banks for English Communicative, English Language & Literature, Hindi-A, Hindi-B, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Communicative Sanskrit. In respect of other subjects/languages, the schools will administer their own question papers based on Sample Question Paper pattern available on the Board’s website.
5. The Board will be sending separate CDs containing Question Paper Banks for Classes IX & X and the school may:
- pick up one question paper for each subject, OR mix and match the paper by using different questions/sections from different sets of question papers and prepare a question paper based on Board’s sample paper, design and blue print, OR prepare their own question papers as per sample paper, design and blue print available on CBSE’s website (www.cbse.nic.in) .
- However, in case the school prepares its own question papers, the question papers and marking scheme so prepared should be emailed to the Board (email id: [email protected]) for verification wihin a week of conduct of the respective papers.
- For Class IX, the Board plans to dispatch the CDs containing question papers to all schools so as to reach by 20th February, 2011.
- For Class X, the Board plans to dispatch the CDs containing question papers to all schools so as to reach by 07th March, 2011.
- Every School, Sahodaya Clusters or City may design their own date sheet for Classes IX and X examination accordingly.
6. The schools need to take out the print of the desired question paper (refer para 5 above) and, thereafter, the required number of prints/copies may be made at the school level. These question papers must be kept carefully.
7. The schools will conduct the SA-II for Class IX during the first half of March, 2011; the SA-II for Class-X will be conducted during the second half of March, 2011.
Moreover, it may be ensured that in case of Summative Assessment-II for Class X, the dates for the subjects of English (Communicate/Language & Literature) and Science are kept after 23rd March, 2011.
8. Another CD containing the Marking Scheme of the main subjects would be sent to every school separately in due course and will reach the schools well in time.
9. The answer books should be evaluated by teachers as per the marking scheme provided by the Board.
10. KINDLY NOTE THAT ANSWER BOOKS OF SCHOOL BASED SA-II FOR CLASSES IX AND X SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO THE BOARD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. However these must be preserved and kept in the safe custody at the school for at least a period of three years (in case of Class IX) and two years (in case of Class X) along with question papers and Marking Scheme for any verification by the Board subsequently.
11. It may be noted again that the question papers for Classes IX and X have been designed by the Board and are being sent to schools with the purpose of maintaining standards. Depending upon the feedback and suggestions from the stakeholders, the Board may reconsider this policy in future, if need be.
IMPORTANT: KINDLY NOTE THAT SCHOOLS WOULD NOT COMMUNICATE THE MARKS OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT – II TO THE CANDIDATES OF CLASS X UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
AS PER THE SCHEME LAID DOWN AND COMMUNICATED EARLIER, THE BOARD WOULD BE DECLARING THE RESULTS OF THE CANDIDATES OF CLASS X IN THE MONTH OF MAY ALONG WITH THE RESULTS OF BOARD BASED SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT-II, AND WILL BE ISSUING THE UNIFORM CERTIFICATE TO EVERY STUDENT.
This may be brought to the notice of all teachers, students and parents of Classes IX and X.
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now