The Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will be conducting the 8th Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 20.09.2015 (Sunday) for candidates to be eligible for appointment as teacher for Class I to VIII. Candidates can apply On-line for CTET-SEPT 2015 through CTET official website – www.ctet.nic.in only.
|Submission of On-line application||30.07.2015 to 19.08.2015|
|Last date for Online Submission of application||19-08-2015|
|Last date for payment of fees Through E-Challan or Debit/Credit Card by the candidate||20-08-2015 (before 03:30 PM)|
|Period for On-line Corrections in Particulars (No correction will be allowed in any particulars after this date)||21.08.2015 to 25.08.2015|
|Download Admit Card from CTET website||04.09.2015|
Schedule of Examination
|DATE OF EXAMINATION||PAPER||TIMING||DURATION|
|20.09.2015||PAPER – II||09.30 TO 12.00 HOURS||2.30 HOURS|
|20.09.2015||PAPER – I||14.00 TO 16.30 HOURS||2.30 HOURS|
- The CTET shall apply to schools of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Tibetan Schools, etc) and schools under the Administrative Control of UT of Chandigarh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and NCT of Delhi.
- CTET may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government. However, a State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
- According to CBSE Affiliation Bye-Law 53, prescribing the minimum qualifications for teachers to teach various subjects in Classes I to VIII in the schools Affiliated to CBSE stands amended to that extant and it shall be mandatory that the teachers appointed hereinafter i.e. 6th March 2012 to teach classes I to VIII in the Schools affiliated to the CBSE shall qualify/pass the Central Teacher Eligibility Test or Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the appropriate Central/ State Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE for this purpose.
Please note that qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
The candidates having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in CTET.
Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Minimum Educational Qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage)
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
- Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum Educational Qualification for eligibility shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled.
- *Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education: For the purposes of this Notification, a diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
- Training to be undergone: A person with D.Ed. (Special Education) qualification shall undergo, after appointment an NCTE recognized 6-month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
- The minimum qualifications referred above apply to teachers of Languages, Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc. In respect of teachers for Physical Education, the minimum qualification norms for Physical Education teachers referred to in NCTE Regulation, dated 3rd November, 2001 (as amended from time to time) shall be applicable. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other School Managements shall be applicable till such time the NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications in respect of such teachers.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of Bachelor Degree in Education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc. are provisionally admitted and their CTET Certificate shall be valid only on passing the aforesaid Examinations, before the declaration of the CTET result.
- The candidate not having any of the above qualification shall not be eligible for appearing in Central Teacher Eligibility Test.
- The candidate should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria. It is to be noted that if a candidate has been allowed to appear in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test it does not imply that the candidate’s eligibility has been verified. It does not vest any right with the candidate for appointment. The eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/ appointing authority.
Pattern of Examination
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQs). There will be no negative marking. There will be 2 papers of CTET.
- Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
For detailed information please visit CTET website: www.ctet.nic.in
- Candidates can only apply On-line for CTET-SEPT 2015.
- Detailed “Information Bulletin” is available on CTET website ctet.nic.in
- Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin on the websites. Candidates should strictly comply with the instructions contained in Information Bulletin, otherwise the candidature may be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should enter his/her particulars i.e. Name, Father Name, Mother Name & Date of Birth as per Class X Certificate.
- No change in particulars of the candidate will be allowed under any circumstances after the last dates specified for Online Corrections.
Fee Details for CTET – SEPT 2015 are as follows:
|CATEGORY||Only Paper – I or II||Both Paper – I & II|
|SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person||Rs.300/-||Rs.500/-|
Service Charges & Service Taxes (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank
Mode of Payment:
- Remittance through E-Challan by depositing the prescribed fee in CTET Exam Fee Account with Syndicate Bank or HDFC Bank.
- By Debit/Credit Card.
ON-LINE SUBMISSION– www.ctet.nic.in
Online Application has to be submitted by accessing the following CTET website www.ctet.nic.in. The candidate should supply all the details while filling up the ‘On-line’ Application. After depositing fee in Bank, Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation Page after successful submission of data. (if fees paid through Challan) and keep it for records and future reference if required.
Procedure for submission of Online Application Form of CTET-SEPT 2015
Application form Upload Images Fee Payment Confirmation Page
- Please read the Information Bulletin of CTET SEPT 2015 carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
- Candidates can apply for CTET-SEPT 2015 ‘ON-LINE through official website ctet.nic.in.The candidate should supply all details while filling the Online Application Form. Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation Page with Registration Number after successful submission of data, uploading of scanned images of latest photograph & signature (in JPG format only) and payment of fee for record and future reference. The confirmation page SHOULD NOT be sent to CBSE/CTET unit.
- The candidate should mention their working Mobile No. and E-mail ID while filling their On-Line application so that the updates/alerts related to CTET may be sent to the registered Mobile Number /E-mail ID.
- Method of Submission of Online Application Form:
STEP 1: Log on to CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in.
STEP 2: Go to the link “Apply Online ” and open the same.
STEP 3: Fill in the Online Application Form
STEP 4: Upload Scanned Images of latest Photograph and Signature
- The scanned image of latest photograph is required to upload to avoid the inconvenience at centre, as this photograph will be matched with the actual candidate appearing in the examination.
- The signature should be in jpg format.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 100 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 25 kb.
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height) only.
STEP 5: Pay examination Fee by e-challan or debit/credit card
STEP 6: Print Confirmation page for record and future reference.
The candidate’s particulars cannot be changed/edited once the examination fee have been submitted. Thereafter corrections in the particulars can be made online w.e.f. 21.08.2015 to 25.08.2015.
The candidates shall be permitted to make on-line correction if any in their following particulars i.e. name, father and mother name, date of birth, category, differently abled category, Paper opted (i.e. Paper I or Paper II), Subject for Paper – II, First choice of Centre, language I and/or II opted, Address of correspondence and the name of the Institution/College/University from where he/she has obtained his/her B.Ed Degree/Diploma in Elementary Education etc.
No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application or by email etc. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Please note that no request for any change in particular will be accepted under any circumstances after the specified date for online correction is over.
MODE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
A candidate can apply for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test On-line by logging on CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in only.
Before applying online please ensure to have following documents / files:
- Scanned image of latest photograph and signature in JPG format only, for uploading.
A copy of Class Xth Certificate.
Decide the mode of payment of fee:
- Through Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility,
- Fee remitted through e-challan by downloading e-challan form from CTET official website.
- If decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form
- If decided to pay through e-challan, download e-challan after completing Part-II of Registration and deposit the Fee in CTET Exam Fee A/c with Syndicate Bank or HDFC Bank.
- Once the payment has been confirmed by the Bank/CBSE, a confirmation page will be generated.
- The candidates are NOT required to send hard copy of confirmation page to CTET unit. However, the candidates are advised to retain the hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page, challan if fee is paid by e-challan, for future reference.
Address for correspondence:-
ASSISTANT SECRETARY (CTET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
P.S. 1-2, I.P. Extension, Institutional Area,
Contact No.-011-22235774, 22240104
Fax : 011-22235775
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org