Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
HOME SCIENCE (Code No. 064)
Home Science as a discipline aims to empower learners by developing understanding of four different areas, namely:
- Food and Nutrition
- Human Development
- Community Resource Management and Extension
- Fabric and Apparel Science
The subject helps students to understand changing needs of Indian society, academic principles as well as develop professional skills. This would make them competent to meet challenges of becoming a responsible citizen.
The Syllabus at Senior Secondary level develops in the learners an understanding that the knowledge and skills acquired through Home Science facilitates development of self, family and community. It endeavours to –
- acquaint learners with the basics of human development with specific reference to self and child.
- help develop skills of judicious management of various resources.
- enable learners to become alert and aware consumers.
- impart knowledge of nutrition and lifestyles to enable prevention and management of disease.
- inculcate healthy food habits.
- help, develop understanding of textiles for selection and care of clothes.
- develop skills of communication to assist in advocacy and dissemination of knowledge to community.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now