Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
If you want to change your subject in CBSE class 10 or class 12, this article is for you. Recently, CBSE has updated the rules for changing subjects in class X and XII. There may be different use cases but for any reason, if a student doesn’t wish to continue a subject that he/she studied in the previous class, he/she can apply to change the subject.
CBSE Rule for Changing Subjects
As per revised Rule, request for change of subject(s) in Class X/XII will be accepted provided such a request has been made before 15th July of the academic session. In order to streamline the process for change of subject(s) in Class X/XII, Standard Operating Procedures have been framed and are as under:
|Parent/Candidate to apply for a change of subject(s) in the format given at AnnexureI alongwith –||Upto 15th July of the academic session|
|When school will receive any request, the same will be analyzed by the school as to whether: –||Upto 15th July of the academic session|
|Schools to compile all subject change cases in tabular form (separately for Class X and XII) supported with documents as mentioned above and forward the requests to Regional Office of CBSE with the specific recommendation of subject teacher/class teacher and Principal alongwith relevant documents/marksheet, etc. Format of the letter is given at Annexure –II.|
(only one request each for Class X & XII will be accepted from each school).
|within 07 days from the date of activity at Sl. No.02 i.e. 21st July|
|Regional Office to communicate a deficiency, if any, to the schools||Within one month from the date of receipt i.e. 20th August|
|Schools will communicate fulfillment of deficiency to the Regional Office||within 07 days from the date of activity at Sl. No.04 i.e. 27th August|
|Last date for according approval by CBSE||15th September as the last date for submission of LOC with normal fee(without late fee) is 30th September|
|To be sent to concerned Regional Office so as to reach within 07 days of admission|
Before forwarding the request to CBSE, the school will ensure that: –
- In no manner, any request to change the subjects that parents will make their own arrangement of study will be accepted by the CBSE. Now, almost all the subjects are having internal assessment and schools need to provide the performance in internal assessment of the student.
- They are not deviating from the directions. If in any case, it is found that instructions have not been followed, CBSE will reject the request for which school will be responsible.
- Schools are requested to read and understand above directions so that the same are strictly complied with.
- Schools will ensure that all documents as per requirement are obtained from the parent/student and provided to the concerned Regional Office.
- All documents need to be provided in chronological order as mentioned above in all the cases.
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)