Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Question Paper 2017 class 12 Economics conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2017. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2017 class 12 Economics
Class 12 Economics list of chapters
- National income accounting
- Money and Banking
- Income Determination
- The Government Budget and Economy
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Theory of consumer behaviour
- Production and Costs
- Theory of the Firm Under Perfect Competition
- Market Equilibrium
- Non Competitive Markets
CBSE Question Paper 2017 class 12 Economics
- All questions in both the sections are compulsory.
- Marks for questions are indicated against each question.
- Question No. 1 -5 and 16 -20 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each. They are required to be answered in one sentence.
- Question No. 6 -8 and 21 -23 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answers to them should not normally exceed 60 words each.
- Question No. 9 -11 and 24 -26 are also short answer questions carrying 4 marks each. Answers to them should not normally exceed 70 words each.
- Question No. 12 -15 and 27 -30 are long answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answers to them should not normally exceed 100 words each.
- Answers should be brief and to the point and the above word limit be adhered to as far as possible.
1. The demand of a commodity when measured through the
expenditure approach is inelastic. A fall in its price will result in:
(choose the correct alternative)
(a) no change in expenditure on it.
(b) increase in expenditure on it.
(c) decrease in expenditure on it.
(d) any one of the above.
2. As we move along a downward sloping straight-line demand curve
from left to right, price elasticity of demand: (choose the correct
(a) remains unchanged
(b) goes on falling
(c) goes on rising
(d) falls initially then rises
3. Define market demand.
4. Average revenue and price are always equal under: (choose the
(a) perfect competition only
(b) monopolistic competition only
(c) monopoly only
(d) all market forms
5. State any one feature of oligopoly
6. Distinguish between microeconomics and macroeconomics.
7. State the meaning and properties of production possibilities
8. Show that demand of a commodity is inversely related to its price.
Explain with the help of utility analysis.
Why is an indifference curve negatively sloped? Explain.
9. Explain the conditions of consumer’s equilibrium under
indifference curve approach.
10. State different phases of the law of variable proportions on the basis of total product. Use diagram.
Explain the geometric method of measuring price elasticity of
supply. Use diagram.
For blind candidates, in lieu of Q. No. 10.
State different phases of the law of variable proportions with the
help of a schedule.
Explain the distinction between ‘change in supply’ and ‘change in
11. Explain the ‘free entry and exit of firms’ feature of monopolistic
12. When price of a commodity X falls by 10 per cent, its demand rises
from 150 units to 180 units. Calculate its price elasticity of
demand. How much should be the percentage fall in its price so
that its demand rises from 150 to 210 units?
13.Complete the following table:
14. Good Y is a substitute of good X. The price of Y falls. Explain the
chain of effects of this change in the market of X.
Explain the chain of effects of excess supply of a good on its
15. Given below is the cost schedule of a product produced by a firm. The market price per unit of the product at all levels of output is Rs. 12. Using marginal cost and marginal revenue approach, find out the level of equilibrium output. Give reasons for your answer:
|Average Cost (Rs.)||12||11||10||10||10.4||11|
Section – B
16. The ratio of total deposits that a commercial bank has to keep with
Reserve Bank of India is called : (choose the correct alternative)
(a) Statutory liquidity ratio
(b) Deposit ratio
(c) Cash reserve ratio
(d) Legal reserve ratio
17. Aggregate demand can be increased by : (choose the correct
(a) increasing bank rate
(b) selling government securities by Reserve Bank of India
(c) increasing cash reserve ratio
(d) none of the above
18. Give the meaning of involuntary unemployment.
20. Give the meaning of balance of payments.
21. Distinguish between final goods and intermediate goods. Give an
example of each.
22. Explain the store of value function of money.
State the meaning and components of money supply.
It is the stock of money in the economy at a particular point of time. Components of money Supply = Currency with public + demand deposits with banks.
23. Explain the basis of classifying taxes into direct and indirect tax. Give examples.
24. Explain ‘banker to the government’ function of the central
Explain the role of reverse repo rate in controlling money
25. Explain how government budget can be used to influence distribution of income?
26. An economy is in equilibrium. From the following data about an
economy calculate autonomous consumption.
(i) Income = 5000
(ii) Marginal propensity to save = 0.2
(iii) Investment expenditure = 800
27. Why does the demand for foreign currency fall and supply rises when its price rises ? Explain.
28. Explain ‘non-monetary exchanges’ as a limitation of using gross
domestic product as an index of welfare of a country.
How will you treat the following while estimating domestic
product of a country ? Give reasons for your answer:
(a) Profits earned by branches of country’s bank in other countries
(b) Gifts given by an employer to his employees on independence day
(c) Purchase of goods by foreign tourists
29. Calculate (a) net domestic product at factor cost and (b) gross national disposable income:
|Rs. in crores|
|(i)||Private final consumption expenditure||8000|
|(ii)||Government final consumption expenditure||1000|
|(v)||Consumption of fixed capital||60|
|(vi)||Gross domestic fixed capital formation||500|
|(vii)||Change in stock||100|
|(viii)||Factor income to abroad||40|
|(ix)||Factor income from abroad||90|
|(xii)||Net current transfers to abroad||(–) 30|
30. Assuming that increase in investment is Rs. 1000 crore and marginal propensity to consume is 0.9, explain the working of multiplier.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Economics 2017
Download class 12 Economics question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Economics question paper 2017 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 209, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)