Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
CBSE Question Paper 2008 Class 12 Political Science conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2008. CBSE previous year question papers with the solution are available in the myCBSEguide mobile app and website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to CBSE schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2008 Class 12 Political Science
Class 12 Political Science list of chapters
Part A – Contemporary World Politics
- The Cold War Era
- The End of Bipolarity
- US Hegemony in World Politics
- Alternative Centres of Power
- Contemporary South Asia
- International Organisations
- Security in the Contemporary World
- Environment and Natural Resources
Part B – Politics In India Since Independence
- Challenges of nation building
- An era of one-party dominance
- Politics of planned development
- India’s external relations
- Challenges to and restoration of the Congress system
- The crisis of democratic order
- The rise of popular movements
- Regional aspirations
- Recent developments in Indian politics
CBSE Question Paper 2008 Class 12 Political Science
- All questions are. compulsory.
- Questions number 1 to 10 are of one marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 20 words each.
- Questions number 11 to 20 arc of two marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 40 words each.
- Questions number 21 to 30 arc of four marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
- Questions number 31 to 35 arc of six marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 150 words each.
1. Fill in the blanks in the following:
Cold War was a competition between and hacked by their allies.
2. On which ideology was the Soviet political system based?
3. Correct the following statement and rewrite:
“The present Secretary-General of the United Nations is Han Ki-Moon, the first African to hold the post ”
4. What did the HWC (Biological Weapons Convention), 1972 decide?
5. Why are India and China exempt from the Kyoto Protocol?
6. What is globalization?
7. Why did the leaders or the national movement cherish the idea of a secular nation ? Give any one reason.
8. Where and when did the Communist Party come to power in the world for the first Lime through democratic elections?
9.Correct the following statement and rewrite:
“Goa was not merged with Maharashtra as the Central Government did not want it.”
10. What was the Chipko movement?
11. Mention any two negative effects of Shock Therapy.
12. What was the 9/11 event? What was the US response to it?
13. Give any two reasons why veto power of the permanent members of the Security Council cannot be abolished.
14. Mention any four threats, except war, to human security.
15. How have technological advancement and recognition of inter-connectedness affected globalization?
16. Who are indigenous people? What institutions do they follow?
(a) To which year does the cartoon refer?
(b) Name the person for whom this comment ‘Aya Ram Gaya Ram’ was made.
18.Study the map given regarding Assembly Election Results, 1967 and answer the following question:
In which four states of the country, did the Congress not get a majority in the state legislatures?
The following question is for Blind Candidates only in lieu of
18. Mention any four states of India wherein Congress got the majority in the General Elections of 1967.
19. Sardar Patel in a letter to princely rulers in 1947 said, “I hope the Indian states shall realize fully that if we do not co-operate and work together in general interest, anarchy and chaos will overwhelm us all, great and small, and lead us to total ruin”.
Answer the following questions:
(a)What general interest has been referred to?
(b)What situation would lead to total ruin?
20. State any two Directive Principles of State Policy relating to foreign policy.
21. The economic preponderance of the US is inseparable from the structural power. Describe.
22. Mention any four realities that have changed the world politics after the Cold War.
23. Why did the super-powers in the Cold War era need allies
24. Mention any four common features of the European Union.
25. Describe any four issues relating to environmental degradation.
26. Why is the decade of the sixties labeled as a ‘dangerous’ decade
27. During the early years of independence, despite the fact that the opposition parties had a token representation they played a crucial role in maintaining the democratic character of the system. How?
28. What was Narmada Bachao Andolan? What was the criticism against it?
29. How does the political leadership of a nation affect its foreign policy? Briefly explain with the help of two examples from India’s foreign policy.
30. Describe any four circumstances for the proclamation of emergency in India in 1975.
81. How did the New International Economic Order come into being? What reforms were proposed by UNCTAD in its report in 1972?
India and the USSR enjoyed a special relationship during the Cold War. which led critics to say that India was a part of the Soviet Camp.’ Do you agree? Support your answer with any two arguments.
32. Are there any limitations on the hegemony of the US? Explain briefly.
How has the European Union risen to be a super-national organization? What are its limitations?
33. What were the consequences of the partition of India in 1947?
Explain how the General Elections of 1952 in India were a landmark in the history’ of democracy all over the world.
34. What were the factors which led to the popularity of Indira Gandhi’s government in the early 1970s?
“Governments that seem to be unstable and quarrelsome are severely punished by the voters” Explain with reference to Janata Party rule.
35. Explain how the Indian government has been pursuing the path of democratic negotiation to solve the Kashmir issue.
“After the elections in 1989, an era of coalition started in which political parties are not aligning or do-aligning on the basis of ideologies.1* Explain.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or log in to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Political Science 2008
Download class 12 Political question paper with the solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Political Science question paper 2008 in PDF format with the solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now