How to get Duplicate Certificate from CBSE

myCBSEguide App

myCBSEguide App

CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.

Install Now


Have you lost your CBSE certificate, Marksheet ?  This is step by step guidelines to get duplicate certificate from CBSE regional offices.

Steps to get Duplicate Certificate:

  • Fill the application form for duplicate certificate
  • Prepare DD of IPO for requisite amount for bank
  • Attach Identification certificate by principal or Gazetted Officer
  • Attach press release (new paper declaration)
  • Send it to CBSE regional office with attechments

Guidelines to get Duplicate Certificate

  • Applicants should use separate form for each duplicate certificate. If necessary typed/Photostat application form may be used.
  • Candidate applying for duplicate certificate and Migration Certificate upto Examination of 2001 may send application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft only. Those applying personally at Ajmer Office may deposit fee in cash also.
  • In case the fee is remitted by crossed Postal Order / Bank Draft, it must be drawn in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, payable at the concerned Regional Office.
  • Triplicate copy or of further copies of qualifying duplicate certificates shall not be issued unless the Controller of Examinations is further satisfied by some documentary evidence that the duplicate copy has also been actually lost / destroyed.
  • Fees prescribed for various duplicate certificates are as follows (DOCUMENTS WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER 15 DAYS ( EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS)) :duplicate certificate fee
  • If certificate is required after two days (excluding holidays) an urgent fees of Rs.100.00 extra may be remitted. If the certificate is required by post an extra amount of Rs. 25.00 may also be remitted. (Rs. 35/- for outstation candidates)
  • In case the document is not collected by the applicant within three months from the date of depositing the fees, it will be cancelled and the candidate will have to apply afresh in case he needs the same.
  • The certificate will ordinarily be issued after two weeks (excluding holidays) from the date of receipt of the application from and the fee, provided the application form is found complete in all respects.
  • All certificates for Delhi Region will be delivered on the production of receipt issued by the Board between 3 to 5 PM only (excluding holidays). The fee from candidates of Delhi Region for 2003 and onwards examinations can be deposited between 9.15 AM to 1.15 PM on every working day at Syndicate Bank, PS 1-2, Institutional Area, Patparganj, Delhi-110092
  • Migration certificate is issued only to those candidates who have passed an examination of the Board or to those who have been placed in compartment in order to enable them to seek admission for a further course of study. The failed candidates should not apply for migration certificate and Provisional Certificate. Please also mention previous year’s Roll No. if passed in second chance compartment examination for Provisional Certificate
  • The students of Chennai Region who have passed examination in 1991 or later should apply to Chennai Regional office only for obtaining duplicate documents.

Download Application form to get Duplicate Certificates

cbse duplicate certificate


Regional Offices

Regional Office

Board of Secondary Education, PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn.
Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.

NCT of
Delhi, Foreign Schools

Fax: 91-11-22248990

[email protected]

Regional Office
Central board of Secondary Education, Plot No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main RoadAnna Nagar West, Chennai-600040.
Tamil Nadu,Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry,
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu
Tel. 91-44-26162214 /26162213


[email protected]

Regional Office

Central Board of Secondary Education, Shilpgram Road, Near Sankardev Kalakshetra, Panjabari, Guwahati-781 037

Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim,
Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram.
Telfax:91-361-2229992, 2229995
[email protected]
Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305 030
Rajasthan,Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar HaveliTel:91-145-2627451/2627139
Fax:91-145-2421543[email protected]
Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Sector- 5 , Panchkula – 134109 (Haryana)
Haryana,U.T.of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal
Tel: 91-172-2585193/2583547
[email protected]
Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg ,
Civil Lines, Allahabad-211 015
Uttar Pradesh, UttaranchalTel:91-532-2407970-72
Fax:91-532-2408977[email protected]
Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Ambica Complex, Behind SBI Colony, Near Brahmasthan, Sheekhpura, Bailley Road, Patna-800 001.
Bihar, JharkhandTele Fax:91-612-2332248
Tel: 2332008[email protected]
Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 6th Floor, Alok Bharti Building, Shaheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar
West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh

New Regional Office opened

Computer Section91-674-2548412
Asstt Secretary91-674-2548212
AB Cell91-674-2548712

[email protected]

35 thoughts on “How to get Duplicate Certificate from CBSE”

  1. I have lost my CBSE Class 12th Original Marksheet and Migration Certificate. I requested CBSE to resissue the original marksheet and migration certificate but they are not agreeing they are giving duplicate only. Please can anyone help me in this matter?

  2. Okay so I just went and did this today.
    Save yourself the painful trip to the CBSE regional boards.
    For a duplicate marksheet you ONLY need the details of your graduation (roll number, graduation year, school name, parents names etc.). Print out, fill in the first page and a half of the form.

    No FIR, notarization ,affadavit is neccessary. The base fee is Rs 200 and postage within India , excluding Delhi, is Rs 35. International courier would be applicable at whatever the rates may be. You need to make the total amount out in the form of a Demand Draft payable to the ‘Deputy Secretary ‘ and send in the form that everyone’s already linked to.

    As an aside for international school students you need to apply to the Regional Office in Patparganj, if youre looking for marksheeets from before 2002 you need to apply at the Ajmer Office.

    Hope this helps

  3. my 10th class certificate is destroyed ,i need duplicate certificate.
    Preeti Tholia
    Class 10(cbse)
    YEAR- 2009

    Can u please tell me hiw can i apply for duplicate certificate? I have damaged copy of certificate.

    Preeti Tholia

  4. Sir i did my matric in 1980. My certificate and marks sheet destroyed. Sir can u please guide me how can i get duplicate certificate and what i should submitt whewe? pls do guide me sir. Thanks

  5. Sir i did my matric in 1980. My certificate and marks sheet destroyed. Sir can u please guide me how can i get duplicate certificate and what i should submitt whewe? pls do guide me sir. Thanks

  6. i have lost my 2017 marksheet of 12th. After what time will be it available in cbse for obtaining duplicate marksheet.

  7. I have lost my 10th class certificates, I need those original certificates. How can I apply to get those certificates.
    Name- S.Naresh
    Class- 10th
    Year of passing- 2008
    State- odisha

  8. I pass out class 10th in year 1994-5… move to another country. Couldn’t collect the certificate but i do have the mark sheet. When I came back. I went to the school. They told me it’s no longer with them. I need to collect it from Ajmer. I completed by graduation through correspondence but i need my 10th certificate to collect the graduation certificate. Now how and where do I get my 10th class certificate. Can any one help me?

  9. I had requested for my duplicate copy of 10th and 12 marksheets and the filled out form along with payment that to be made in Jun’2017.I have not heard or got copy of my marksheet as yet.

    Name:Tina Kundnani
    10th Marksheet year-1992
    12th Marksheet year -1994.

    Plese let me know how do I earliest ge my marksheets. I had sent my application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft

  10. Sir,
    My mark sheet certificate yet not received as I registered on 27.6.2018 for tatkal, please tell me how I received my duplicate 10th mark sheet

  11. Hi,

    Thank you for posting this. I’d also like to thank ‘Phaniman’ for posting his/her own experience.

    I graduated from grade 12 in 1996 from a foreign school and have lost my Pass Certificate. Do I need to send my application to the Ajmer Office or to New Delhi Office? As I understand it from the post of ‘Phaniman’ – only the application form and payment is needed. His/ her experience was in 2014 – Is this procedure still applicable?

    Also, the application form mentions Duplicate Qualifying Certificate – is that the same as Pass Certificate? There is no mention of Pass Certificate. Please advice.

  12. I lost my marklist of class 10. So, while applying for the duplicate do I have to submit the original newspaper with the ad or just a copy of it??

  13. Sir
    I applied dublicat sslc certificate year(2017).I pay dublicat fee and postal charge also.but now one month roll number name is hashim.sir pls help me .when I can get my certificate.

  14. I want to correct my father name in class10 and 12 certificate .I am passed class 10 and 12 in year 2002 and 2004.

  15. Kya duplicate migration certificate banane se pehle cbse board verification karti h… kahi original kisi or university me to nhi lga g …….plz reply

Leave a Comment