CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE class-12 Result is out on 25th May 2015. If you are not satisfied with your performance, you can apply for Rechecking and Verification of marks. Sometimes students feel that they haven’t got the deserving marks and it gives a setback for them. To address this problem CBSE has introduced a scheme of Rechecking of board papers. This article of myCBSEguide will clear your view on Rechecking and Verification of marks.
Need of Rechecking and Verification
As discussed above it was the need and demand from students and parents to apply this rule for the betterment of education system and students associated with it. Class 12 is the stage where students decide their future and for this you need to get decent marks. And sometimes students fail to do so despite of hard work and consequently they take serious decision regarding the future. In some cases, it leads to depression and suicidal cases can’t be ruled out.
After years of research and development in this field, the decision came out in favour of students. From our perspective, a single result score can’t decide anyone’s future so there is no need to overthink on this, instead you can opt for rechecking. If found any fault while checking your answer sheet, the authority will rethink over it and provide you the same with appropriate rectification.
Process to apply for Rechecking and Verification of marks.
One must be thinking of the complexities while apply for rechecking. Relax now as we are providing you the simplest procedure step by step.
Just note down or save this page to make it easy for you. We ask our students to follow the CBSE official page or myCBSEguide.com if face any difficulties.
Verification of marks
- You need to apply online Here for verification of marks.
- The fee is Rs. 300/- per subject
- The period for applying is within 07 days w.e.f. 27.5.2015(Wednesday) to 02.06.2015(Tuesday)
- Payment will be received through gateway(credit/Debit card)/e-challan.
- No application or fee shall be received offline in any mode i.e. Postal Order/DD/Money Order/Cheque etc.
- The result of verification of marks will be uploaded on the Net. However in case a mistake is detected, a formal letter will also be sent by speed post.
- the Board will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any inconvenience caused to the candidate, consequent upon the delay in communication for reasons beyond control
- NO REQUEST RECEIVED UNDER RTI FOR VERIFICATION OF MARKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT FEE.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- REQUEST FOR VERIFICATION WILL ONLY BE SUBMITTED ONCE. ANOTHER CHANCE WILL NOT BE GIVEN.
There are three different aspects in this regard :
- Verification/rechecking of Marks :This is first step and if you apply for the verification of marks, your first page question wise marks will be re-totaled. Means the examiner will not check your answers. It is simply re-totaling of question-wise marks.
- Photocopy of answer Sheet :This is second step and only those candidates, who have apply for verification of marks can apply for photocopy of answer-sheet. If you are not satisfied with the outcomes of verification of marks, you can apply to get photocopy of your answer sheet. You can not apply for photocopy of answer sheet directly without applying for verification of marks.
- Revaluation of Marks :This is third and last step. Only those who have applied for verification of marks and photocopy of answer sheet, can apply for revaluation of marks. You can not apply directly for revaluation of marks without going through step-1 an step-2. In revaluation, candidate will get the selected questions completely rechecked by another teacher.