CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE will conduct SGAI on January 2012. Last date to fill form through school is September 25, 2011. CBSE has designed students aptitude assessment tool specially for class X students studying in CBSE affiliated schools across the world. It was as optional activity. THe ever first edition of CBSE Students Global Aptitude Index (SGAI) was successfully conducted on 22nd January 2011. There were approximately 212466 students from 3225 CBSE affiliated schools who took this assessment. There were 3134 schools in India and 91 schools outside India. Kindly visit CBSE official website for more details
About CBSE SGAI
CBSE SGAI is a collection of aptitude indices designed for students of class X in CBSE affiliated schools to broadly assess :-
- Scientific Aptitude
- Numerical Aptitude
- Social Aptitude
- Behavioural Science Aptitude
- Art Aptitude
- Interest Profile
A student appears for a simple paper and pencil indicator having multiple choice items. The total duration of the CBSE SGAI is about 2-2.5 hours. Efforts are on to make the assessment online very soon.
Important Information about CBSE SGAI 2nd Edition
- Date of CBSE SGAI : 22nd January 2012
- Last date for online registration : 25th September 2011
- Last date for submission of fee via DD : 10 the October 2011
Purpose of CBSE students Global Aptitude Index (SGAI)
The CBSE SGAI is meant for students of Secondary classes. This coincides with the span of adolescence and beginning of career concepts and planning (although not in the concrete form). It is therefore crucial to give a road map to the child with favorable comments.
SALIENT FEATURES OF CBSE SGAI
Although a variety of aptitude screening tests are already in vogue to help the student identify personal interests and vocations
- CBSE SGAI is a collection of aptitude indices alongwith a facilitator manual for generating interest areas amongst students for requisite career planning.
- It has been customized to suit the Indian context and variety of student population in CBSE affiliated Private, Government and Aided Schools.
- Unlike the conventional Aptitude Tests, which indicate professional orientations the CBSE SGAI will indicate subject orientations at +2 level.
- SGAI is aimed to empower a child with “self knowledge” in terms of the Aptitude and Interest, to enable the child in making informed subjects choices.
- CBSE SGAI will further help in :
- Optimizing the child potential and enhance satisfaction in future
- Increasing motivation
- Reducing wastage of human and financial resources
- Facilitate the career exploration process of students.
TRAINING AND ADVOCACY MATERIAL
Based on the feedback, Teacher Training Manuals, Literature and FAQ’s for parents and students have been updated to generate awareness about Aptitude and benefits of Assessment. These would also help for the mental preparedness and better understanding about it.
CBSE- SGAI is an optional assessment that can be taken by any class X students to know preference for subjects on the basis of assessment. However, CBSE SGAI should be taken only as an indicator or a facilitator. The test will help the larger population including parents, teachers and students to initiate an ongoing dialogue on subject choices and climate building through workshops/discussion that lead to effective career planning in life. It will help students and parents in making informed subject choices in class XI.
Mental preparedness and sincere responses are the pre- requisites for this test. SGAI scores may depend upon child’s environmental stimulus and motivation level.
CALENDER OF ACTIVITIES
The option of using the CBSE SGAI rests with the schools, however for those interested, the board will design calendar of activities to be undertaken prior to the conduct Training workshops to familiarize the principals and teachers with this new concept as well as its administration may also be conducted on-/ off-line .
These principals, teachers and counsellors will in turn advocate and educate students and parents about it. The details of the training programs along with the dates and venues will be intimated in due course of time.
- Schools interested in the CBSE SGAI 2012 can register on-line for a nominal fee of Rs. 100/- per student.
- The CBSE Students Global Aptitude Index will be held on 22nd January 2012.
- Schools may register online at www.cbse.nic.in by 25th September 2011 positively.
- Schools may fill up registration form carefully as this registration will be one time.
- After on-line registration confirmation page may be downloaded and attached while sending the DD to the undersigned.
- Fee without conformation page will not be entertained.
The fee via Demand Draft in the name of Secretary, CBSE payable at Delhi along with confirmation page may be sent by 10th October 2011 positively to:
PRO & Project In charge
Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar,Delhi-92