CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science The Earth in the Solar System book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings, and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science The Earth in the Solar System
Question 1: Answer the following questions briefly.
- How does a planet differ from a star?
Answer. Stars: Stars are very big and hot celestial bodies made up of gases.
They have their own heat and light, which they emit in large amounts.
Planets: Planets are celestial bodies, usually smaller than stars.
They do not have their own heat and light. They are lit by the light of stars.
- What is meant by the ‘Solar System’?
Answer. The term ‘Solar System’ refers to the family of the sun. The Sun, eight planets, satellites and some other celestial bodies known as asteroids, comets and meteoroids together form the Solar System.
- Name all the planets according to their distance from the Sun.
Answer. In order of their distance from the sun, the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- Why is the Earth called a unique planet?
Answer. The earth is called a unique planet because:
- It is the only planet which has favorable conditions that support life. It is neither too hot nor too cold.
- It has water and air, which are very essential for our survival.
- The air has life-supporting gases like oxygen.
- Why do we see only one side of the Moon always?
Answer. The Moon moves around the Earth in about 27 days. It exactly takes the same time to complete one spin on its own axis. As a result, only one side of the Moon is visible to us on the Earth.
- What is the Universe?
Answer. A galaxy is a huge system of billions of stars, and clouds of dust and gases. Millions of such galaxies make up the universe.
Question 2: Tick the correct answers.
- The planet is known as the “Earth’s Twin” is
- Which is the third nearest planet to the Sun?
- All the planets move around the Sun in a
- Circular path
- Rectangular path
- Elongated path
- The Pole Star indicates the direction to the
- Asteroids are found between the orbits of
- Saturn and Jupiter
- Mars and Jupiter
- Earth and Mars
- (iii) Venus
- (ii) Earth
- (iii) Elongated path
- (ii) North
- (ii) Mars and Jupiter
Question 3: Fill in the blanks.
- A group of ________ forming various patterns is called a ________.
- A huge system of stars is called _________.
- ________ is the closest celestial body to our Earth.
- ________ is the third nearest planet to the Sun.
- Planets do not have their own _________ and __________.
- A group of stars forming various patterns is called a constellation.
- A huge system of stars is called a galaxy.
- The Moon is the closest celestial body to our Earth.
- Earth is the third nearest planet to the Sun.
- Planets do not have their own heat and light.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science The Earth in the Solar System (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.