CBSE New Sample Papers 2021
CBSE Board Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry aldehydes ketones and carboxylic acid part 1 Class 12 Chemistry book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 Chemistry chapter wise NCERT solution for Chemistry part 1 and Chemistry part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for aldehydes ketones and carboxylic acid part 1 as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Chapter-wise Solutions
- 1 – The Solid State
- 2 – Solutions
- 3 – Electrochemistry
- 4 – Chemical Kinetics
- 5 – Surface Chemistry
- 6 – General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- 7 – The p-Block Elements
- 8 – The d-and f-Blocks Elements
- 9 – Coordination Compounds
- 10 – Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- 11 – Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- 12 – Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- 13 – Amines
- 14 – Biomolecules
- 15 – Polymers
- 16 – Chemistry in Everyday Life
CHAPTER TWELVE ALDEHYDES, KETONES AND CARBOXYLIC ACIDS
- 12.1 Nomenclature and Structure of Carbonyl Group
- 12.2 Preparation of Aldehydes and Ketones
- 12.3 Physical Properties
- 12.4 Chemical Reacxtions
- 12.5 Uses of Aldehydes and Ketones
- 12.6 Nomenclature and Structure of Carboxyl Group
- 12.7 Methods of Preparation of Carboxylic Acids
- 12.8 Physical properties
- 12.9 Chemical Reactions
- 12.10 Uses of carboxylic Acids
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry aldehydes ketones and carboxylic acid part 1
Chapter End Question
1. What is meant by the following terms? Give an example of the reaction in each case.
(x) Schiff’s base
2. Name the following compounds according to IUPAC system of nomenclature:
3. Draw the structures of the following compounds.
(vi) 3-Bromo-4-phenylpentanoic acid
(viii) Hex-2-en-4-ynoic acid
4. Write the IUPAC names of the following ketones and aldehydes. Wherever possible, give also common names.
5. Draw structures of the following derivatives.
(i) The 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazone of benzaldehyde
(iv) Thesemicarbazone of cyclobutanone
(v) The ethylene ketal of hexan-3-one
(vi) The methyl hemiacetal of formaldehyde
6. Predict the products formed when cyclohexanecarbaldehyde reacts with following reagents.
(i) PhMgBr and then
(iii) Semicarbazide and weak acid
(iv)Excess ethanol and acid
(v) Zinc amalgam and dilute hydrochloric acid
7. Which of the following compounds would undergo aldol condensation, which the Cannizzaro reaction and which neither? Write the structures of the expected products of aldol condensation and Cannizzaro reaction.
(ix) 2, 2-Dimethylbutanal
8. How will you convert ethanal into the following compounds?
(i) Butane-1, 3-diol
(iii) But-2-enoic acid
9. Write structural formulas and names of four possible aldol condensation products from propanal and butanal. In each case, indicate which aldehyde acts as nucleophile and which as electrophile.
10. An organic compound with the molecular formula forms 2, 4-DNP derivative, reduces Tollens’ reagent and undergoes Cannizzaro reaction. On vigorous oxidation, it gives 1, 2-benzenedicarboxylic acid. Identify the compound.
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 Chemistry includes text book solutions from both part 1 and part 2. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry have total 16 chapters. 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Chemistry class 12 solutions PDF and Chemistry ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Students
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.