Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
2. Write IUPAC names of the following compounds:
3.For the following compounds, write structural formulas and IUPAC names for all possible isomers having the number of double or triple bond as indicated:
(a) (one double bond)
(b) (one triple bond)
4. Write IUPAC names of the products obtained by the ozonolysis of the following compounds:
5. An alkene ‘A’ on ozonolysis gives a mixture of ethanal and pentan-3-one. Write structure and IUPAC name of ‘A’.
6. An alkene ‘A’ contains three C – C, eight C – H bonds and one C – C bond. ‘A’ on ozonolysis gives two moles of an aldehyde of molar mass 44 u. Write IUPAC name of ‘A’.
7. Propanal and pentan-3-one are the ozonolysis products of an alkene? What is the structural formula of the alkene?
8. Write chemical equations for combustion reaction of the following hydrocarbons:
9. Draw the c is and trans structures of hex-2-ene. Which isomer will have higher b.p. and why?
10. Why is benzene extra ordinarily stable though it contains three doublebonds?
11. What are the necessary conditions for any system to be aromatic?
12. Explain why the following systems are not aromatic?
13. How will you convert benzene into
(iii) p -nitrotoluene
14.In the alkane , identify 1°, 2°, 3° carbon atoms and give the number of H atoms bonded to each one of these.
15.What effect does branching of an alkane chain has on its boiling point?
16. Addition of HBr to propene yields 2-bromopropane, while in the presence of benzoyl peroxide, the same reaction yields 1-bromopropane. Explain and give mechanism.
17. Write down the products of ozonolysis of 1, 2-dimethylbenzene (o-xylene). How does the result support Kekule structure for benzene?
18.Arrange benzene, n-hexane and ethyne in decreasing order of acidic behaviour. Also give reason for this behaviour.
19. Why does benzene undergo electrophilic substitution reactions easily and nucleophilic substitutions with difficulty?
20. How would you convert the following compounds into benzene?
21. Write structures of all the alkenes which on hydrogenation give 2-methylbutane.
22. Arrange the following set of compounds in order of their decreasing relative reactivity with an electrophile, E+
(a) Chlorobenzene, 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene, p-nitrochlorobenzene
(b) Toluene, .
23. Out of benzene, m-dinitrobenzene and toluene which will undergo nitration most easily and why?
24. Suggest the name of a Lewis acid other than anhydrous aluminium chloride which can be used during ethylation of benzene.
25. Why is Wurtz reaction not preferred for the preparation of alkanes containing odd number of carbon atoms? Illustrate your answer by taking one example.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)