Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
CBSE Class 11 Informatics Practices Syllabus 2022-23 includes Introduction to computer system, Introduction to Python, Database concepts and the Structured Query Language, Introduction to Emerging Trends etc for the session 2022 – 2023. Here is the detailed syllabus. To download class 11 Informatics Practices CBSE latest sample question papers for the 2023 exams, please install the myCBSEguide App which is the best mobile app for CBSE students. The myCBSEguide app not only provides you the CBSE class 11 Informatics Practices model question papers but it also provides class 11 Informatics Practices chapter-wise test papers, class 11 Informatics Practices best revision notes and other study material for class 11 Informatics Practices students.
CBSE Class – 11
Informatics Practices (Code No. 065)
Prerequisite : None
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of computer system.
- Create Python programs using different data types, lists and dictionaries.
- Understand database concepts and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Retrieve and manipulate data in RDBMS using Structured Query Language
- Identify the Emerging trends in the fields of Information Technology.
Distribution of Marks and Periods
Unit No Unit Name Marks Periods Theory Periods Practical Total Period 1 Introduction to computer system 10 10 – 10 2 Introduction to Python 25 35 28 63 3 Database concepts and the Structured Query Language 30 23 17 40 4 Introduction to Emerging Trends 5 7 – 7 Practical 30 – – – Total 100 75 45 120
Unit Wise syllabus
Unit 1: Introduction to Computer System
Introduction to computer and computing: evolution of computing devices, components of a computer system and their interconnections, Input/output devices.
Computer Memory: Units of memory, types of memory – primary and secondary, data deletion, its recovery and related security concerns.
Software: purpose and types – system and application software, generic and specific purpose software.
Unit 2: Introduction to Python
Basics of Python programming, Python interpreter – interactive and script mode, the structure of a program, indentation, identifiers, keywords, constants, variables, types of operators, precedence of operators, data types, mutable and immutable data types, statements, expressions, evaluation and comments, input and output statements, data type conversion, debugging.
Control Statements: if-else, for loop
Lists: list operations – creating, initializing, traversing and manipulating lists, list methods and built-in functions.
Dictionary: concept of key-value pair, creating, initializing, traversing, updating and deleting elements, dictionary methods and built-in functions.
Unit 3: Database concepts and the Structured Query Language
Database Concepts: Introduction to database concepts and its need, Database Management System.
Relational data model: Concept of domain, tuple, relation, candidate key, primary key, alternate key
Advantages of using Structured Query Language, Data Definition Language, Data Query Language and Data Manipulation Language, Introduction to MySQL, creating a database using MySQL, Data Types
Data Definition: CREATE TABLE
Data Query: SELECT, FROM, WHERE.
Data Manipulation: INSERT
Unit 4: Introduction to the Emerging Trends
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Immersive experience (AR, VR), Robotics, Big data and its characteristics, Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Smart cities, Cloud Computing and Cloud Services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS); Grid Computing, Block chain technology.
Practical Marks Distribution
S.No. Unit Name Marks 1 Problem solving using Python programming language 11 3 Creating database using MySQL and performing Queries 7 4 Practical file (minimum of 14 python programs, and 14 SQL queries) 7 5 Viva-Voce 5 Total 30
Suggested Practical List
5.1 Programming in Python
- To find average and grade for given marks.
- To find sale price of an item with given cost and discount (%).
- To calculate perimeter/circumference and area of shapes such as triangle, rectangle, square and circle.
- To calculate Simple and Compound interest.
- To calculate profit-loss for given Cost and Sell Price.
- To calculate EMI for Amount, Period and Interest.
- To calculate tax – GST / Income Tax.
- To find the largest and smallest numbers in a list.
- To find the third largest/smallest number in a list.
- To find the sum of squares of the first 100 natural numbers.
- To print the first ‘n’ multiples of given number.
- To count the number of vowels in user entered string.
- To print the words starting with a alphabet in a user entered string.
- To print number of occurrences of a given alphabet in each string.
- Create a dictionary to store names of states and their capitals.
- Create a dictionary of students to store names and marks obtained in 5 subjects.
- To print the highest and lowest values in the dictionary.
5.3 Data Management: SQL Commands
- To create a database
- To create student table with the student id, class, section, gender, name, dob, and marks as attributes where the student id is the primary key.
- To insert the details of at least 10 students in the above table.
- To display the entire content of table.
- To display Rno, Name and Marks of those students who are scoring marks more than 50.
- To find the average of marks from the student table.
- To find the number of students, who are from section ‘A’.
- To display the information all the students, whose name starts with ‘AN’ (Examples: ANAND, ANGAD,..)
- To display Rno, Name, DOB of those students who are born between ‘2005- 01-01’ and ‘2005-12-31’.
- To display Rno, Name, DOB, Marks, Email of those male students in ascending order of their names.
- To display Rno, Gender, Name, DOB, Marks, Email in descending order of their marks.
- To display the unique section available in the table.
NCERT Informatics Practices – Text book for class – XI (ISBN- 978-93-5292-148-5)
- Nested loop(Chapter -3, Section – 3.13)
- Loading and saving NumPy array in text files (Chapter-6, Sections- 6.10 and 6.11)
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now