Download myCBSEguide mobile app for FREE sample papers, last year papers, NCERT solutions, test papers, online tests, practice papers and many more features.
myCBSEguide App myCBSEguide app install

What is the procedure for correction in date of birth in CBSE Certificates?

(i) As per Rule 69.2 of the Examination Byelaws of the Board no change in the date of birth once recorded in the Board’s records shall be made. However, corrections to correct typographical and other errors to make the certificate consistent with the school records is made provided that corrections in the school records should not have been made after the submission of application form for admission to examination to the Board.

(ii) Such correction in the date of birth of a candidate in case of genuine clerical errors is made after establishing that the wrong entry was made erroneously in the list of candidates/application form of the candidate for the examination.

(iii) Request for correction in date of birth has to be forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with attested photostat copies of :

(a) application for admission of the candidate to the school;

(b) portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register where entry in date of birth has been made; and

(c) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted at the time of admission.

(iv) The application for correction in the date of birth, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with documents mentioned above will be entertained by the Board only within five years of the date of declaration of result. No correction whatsoever shall be made on application submitted after the said period of five years.




  • IT IS DIFFICULT BUT STILL there is way in changing the way in changing the date of birth in CBSE RECORD THROUGH COURT ORDER

  • Possible to change date of birth through court case

    Anand Duggal

Leave a Comment