Install myCBSEguide mobile app for FREE sample papers, Test Papers, Revision Notes, Previous year question papers, NCERT solutions and MCQ tests. Refer myCBSEguide App to your friends and Earn upto Rs.500/-.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Principles of inheritance and variation Class 12 Biology book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 Biology chapter wise NCERT solution for Biology all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Principles of inheritance and variation as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter wise Solutions
- 1 – Reproduction in Organism
- 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- 3 – Human Reproduction
- 4 – Reproductive Health
- 5 – Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- 7 – Evolution
- 8 – Human Health and Disease
- 9 – Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- 10 – Microbes in Human Welfare
- 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- 13 – Organisms and Populations
- 14 – Ecosystem
- 15 – Biodiversity and Conservation
- 16 – Environmental Issues
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Principles of inheritance and variation
1. Mention the advantages of selecting pea plant for experiment by Mendel.
2. Differentiate between the following ?
(a) Dominance and Recessive
(b) Homozygous and Heterozygous
(c) Monohybrid and Dihybrid.
3. A diploid organism is heterozygous for 4 loci, how many types of gametes can be produced?
4. Explain the Law of Dominance using a monohybrid cross.
5. Define and design a test ? cross?
6. Using a Punnett square, work out the distribution of phenotypic features in the first filial generation after a cross between a homozygous female and a heterozygous male for a single locus.
7. When a cross in made between tall plants with yellow seeds (TtYy) and tall plant with green seed (TtYy), what proportions of phenotype in the offspring could be expected to be
(a) Tall and green.
(b) Dwarf and green.
8. Two heterozygous parents are crossed. If the two loci are linked what would be the distribution of phenotypic features in F1 generation for a dihybrid cross?
9. Briefly mention the contribution of T.H. Morgan in genetics.
10. What is pedigree analysis? Suggest how such an analysis, can be useful.
11. How is sex determined in human beings?
12. A child has blood group O. If the father has blood group A and mother blood group B, work out the genotypes of the parents and the possible genotypes of the other off springs.
13. Explain the following terms with example
(b) Incomplete dominance
14. What is point mutation? Give one example.
15. Who had proposed the chromosomal theory of inheritance?
16. Mention any two autosomal genetic disorders with their symptoms.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Biology PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 Biology includes text book solutions from Biology Book. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology have total 16 chapters. 12 Biology NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Biology class 12 solutions PDF and Biology ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.