Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Microbes in human welfare Class 12 Biology book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 Biology chapter wise NCERT solution for Biology all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Microbes in human welfare as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter wise Solutions
- 1 – Reproduction in Organism
- 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- 3 – Human Reproduction
- 4 – Reproductive Health
- 5 – Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- 7 – Evolution
- 8 – Human Health and Disease
- 9 – Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- 10 – Microbes in Human Welfare
- 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- 13 – Organisms and Populations
- 14 – Ecosystem
- 15 – Biodiversity and Conservation
- 16 – Environmental Issues
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Microbes in human welfare
1. Bacteria cannot be seen with the naked eyes, but these can be seen with the help of a microscope. If you have to carry a sample from your home to your biology laboratory to demonstrate the presence of microbes under a microscope, which sample would you carry and why?
2. Give examples to prove that microbes release gases during metabolism.
3. In which food would you find lactic acid bacteria? Mention some of their useful applications.
4. Name some traditional Indian foods made of wheat, rice and Bengal gram (or their products) which involve use of microbes.
5. In which way have microbes played a major role in controlling diseases caused by harmful bacteria?
6. Name any two species of fungus, which are used in the production of the antibiotics.
7. What is sewage? In which way can sewage be harmful to us?
8. What is the key difference between primary and secondary sewage treatment?
9. Do you think microbes can also be used as source of energy? If yes, how?
10. Microbes can be used to decrease the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides. Explain how this can be accomplished.
11. Three water samples namely river water, untreated sewage water and secondary effluent discharged from a sewage treatment plant were subjected to BOD test. The samples were labelled A, B and C; but the laboratory attendant did not note which was which. The BOD values of the three samples A, B and C were recorded as 20mg/L, 8mg/L and 400mg/L, respectively. Which sample of the water is most polluted? Can you assign the correct label to each assuming the river water is relatively clean?
12. Find out the name of the microbes from which cyclosporin A (an immunosuppressive drug) and statins (blood cholesterol-lowering agents) are obtained.
13. Find out the role of microbes in the following and discuss it with your teacher.
(a) Single cell protein (SCP)
14. Arrange the following in the decreasing order (most important first) of their importance, for the welfare of human society. Give reasons for your answer. Biogas, Citric acid, Penicillin and Curd
15. How do biofertilisers enrich the fertility of the soil?
16. Can you list 10 recombinant proteins which are used in medical practice? Find out where they are used as therapeutics (use the internet).
17. Make a chart (with diagrammatic representation) showing a restriction enzyme, the substrate DNA on which it acts, the site at which it cuts DNA and the products it produces.
18. From what you have learnt, can you tell whether enzymes are bigger or DNA is bigger in molecular size? How did you know?
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Biology PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 Biology includes text book solutions from Biology Book. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology have total 16 chapters. 12 Biology NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Biology class 12 solutions PDF and Biology ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)