CBSE Rules for Duplicate Certificate and Mark Sheet


AMENDED RULE  67:  A candidate may obtain duplicate/triplicate certificate on payment of the prescribed fee and submission of an application on a prescribed form in the event of loss/theft/mutilation of the original certificate provided that an affidavit is filed to that effect before an official not below the rank of a first class Magistrate/Notary Public or a Member of the Governing Body of the Board.

Further the person requesting for duplicate or triplicate certificate would notify the loss/theft/mutilation of the certificate through Press Note/advertisement in some leading Newspaper and shall submit the Press Clipping to the Board along with application and the affidavit.




1.       Applicants should use separate form for each certificate. If necessary typed/Photostat  application form may be used.

2.       Candidate applying for duplicate documents and Migration Certificate upto Examination of 2001 may send application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft only. Those applying personally at Ajmer Office may deposit fee in cash also.

3.       Triplicate copy or of further copies of qualifying certificates shall not be issued unless the Controller of Examinations is further satisfied by some documentary evidence that the duplicate copy has also been actually lost / destroyed.

4.       In case the fee is remitted by crossed Postal Order / Bank Draft, it must be drawn in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, payable at the concerned Regional Office.

5.       Fees prescribed for various certificates are as follows (DOCUMENTS WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER 15 DAYS ( EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS)) :

For duplicate copy of a certificate Rs.100.00
For a migration Certificate Rs.100.00
For certificate of Date of Birth Rs.100.00
For a Provisional Certificate Rs.100.00
For duplicate copy of Statement of Marks Rs.100.00

6         If certificate is required after two days (excluding holidays) an urgent fees of     Rs.100.00 extra may be remitted. If the certificate is required by post an extra amount of Rs. 25.00 may also be remitted. (Rs. 35/- for outstation candidates)

7         In case the document is not collected by the applicant within three months from the date of depositing the fees, it will be cancelled and the candidate will have to apply afresh in case he needs the same.

8.       The certificate will ordinarily be issued after two weeks (excluding holidays) from the date of receipt of the application from and the fee, provided the application form is found complete in all respects.

9.       Migration certificate is issued only to those candidates who have passed an examination of the Board or to those who have been placed in compartment in order to enable them to seek admission for a further course of study. The failed candidates should not apply for migration certificate and Provisional Certificate. Please also mention previous year’s Roll No. if passed in second chance compartment examination for Provisional Certificate

10.   All certificates for Delhi Region will be delivered on the production of receipt issued by the Board between 3 to 5 PM only (excluding holidays). The fee from candidates of Delhi Region for 2003 and onwards examinations can be deposited between 9.15 AM to 1.15 PM on every working day at Syndicate Bank, PS 1-2, Institutional Area, Patparganj, Delhi-110092

11.   The students of Chennai Region who have passed examination in 1991 or later should apply to Chennai Regional office only for obtaining duplicate documents. (Click here for application form)

Regional Offices

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.
NCT of Delhi, Foreign Schools Tel:91-11-22239177-80

Fax: 91-11-22248990

Application Form

Regional Office 
Central board of Secondary Education, Plot No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main Road
Anna Nagar West, Chennai-600040.
Tamil Nadu,Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu Tel. 91-44-26162214 /26162213

Application Form

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Shilpgram Road, Near Sankardev Kalakshetra, Panjabari, Guwahati-781 037
Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram. Telfax:91-361-2229992, 2229995


Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305 030
Rajasthan,Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tel:91-145-2627451/2627139

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Sector- 5 , Panchkula – 134109 (Haryana)
Haryana,U.T.of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh. Tel: 91-172-2585193/2583547

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg , Civil Lines, Allahabad-211 015
Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal Tel:91-532-2407970-72

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Ambica Complex, Behind SBI Colony, Near Brahmasthan, Sheekhpura, Bailley Road, Patna-800 001.
Bihar, Jharkhand Tele Fax:91-612-2332248
Tel: 2332008

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 6th Floor, Alok Bharti Building, Shaheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar
West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh

New Regional Office opened

Computer Section 91-674-2548412
Administration 91-674-2548512
Examination 91-674-2548612
Asstt Secretary 91-674-2548212
AB Cell 91-674-2548712

For Latest News and Updates from

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
  • devesh

    advertisement in some leading Newspaper and shall submit the Press Clipping to the Board along with application and the affidavit.

  • Deveshk06

    advertisement in some leading Newspaper and shall submit the Press Clipping to the Board along with application and the affidavit.

  • Anand Jain

    i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same.

  • Groverrahul589

    maa ki chut

  • Yogesh Mittal

    I applied for duplicate mark sheet more then 3 weeks ago by sending the draft of Rs 235 along with all the required document. 

     Still waiting for the same. Helpline number is always unreachable & nobody responses to the E-mails.

    I need this urgently. Please help. Details as follow.
    Roll no: 2210026Year of passing: 1993
    Cell: 9910161032

  • Jitender Rawat

    ReplySir i have lost my 10th marksheet CBSE ,i passed in 1994 from ST.columbus school Ashok Place, New Delhi . My Roll No is 613308. Kindly guide me with the complete process  And where i go to collect the Duplicate certificate. Thanks .Rahul Gupta.Like

  • Smita waiker

    i have applied for duplicate date of birth certificate 1month ago in ajmer cbse office after completing all the necessary formalities. but i did not any thing. if they dont want to give any response then why they giving the fake instructions on the site.

  • prerna malhotra

     i have lost my xth class dmc i hve cleared my xth class in 2010 i wanted a duplicate of my dmc  plz kindly let me knw all the procedure to get it its urgent for my further accademic studies (prerna malhotra)

  • Sonalikarwal82

    i have lost my 10th and 12th cbse marksheet and certificates.
    kindly guide me through the same.

  • Akhilesh Sharma


    Download the form from CBSE site ( ) or you can go and take it from their office in Patparganj, pay Rs. 200 as the fee (The fee mentioned in the form is outdated, it has been revised but not amended in the form, so don’t confuse). In 3 – 4 days your document will be ready. Go and collect, because even if they assure that they will post, it will return as undelivered (I know this because I asked from an official sitting in the office)

    After you Download the form, FOR A DUPLICATE MARKSHEET,fill ONLY FIRST 4 SECTIONS, no need to get a stamp of affidavit. It has been mentioned there that for what purpose(s) you need an affidavit or a stamp or publish in the news paper.

    I have been there yesterday, ie 26/07/2008 and got to know the procedure. Hope it relieves most of you guys. :-)

    Take Care All.. God Bless!!

  • Vinaygarg1996

    Sir i have lost my 10th class cbse marksheet, i passed in 1988 from DCM senior sec. school kishanganj delhi. kindly guide me for a duplicate marksheet & certified.

  • nikita

    Sir/mam= m nikita meri 10th ki marksheet kho gai h m kya kru kya mujhe meri mrksht dubara mil sakti hai mene 2010 m 10th passout ki hai….. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeeeeeeee sir/mam wht i do … :-(

  • sumit arora

    than u sir , u solve my problem

  • amit Verma

    I had lost my 10th marks sheet please provide me full detail for obtain this.

  • aakash sewkani

    sir my 10th marksheet is lost …itz of 2010…watz the solution ? plz

  • satyaveer

    i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same. plz help me sir09410933366

  • prince mon

    i had lost my 10th mark sheet .please tell me the procedure to obtain a duplicate mark sheet…

  • preetham

    i have lost my 10th 12th marks sheet. how to get a duplicate copy of it????

  • sohel

    i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the
    duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same. plz help me

  • sunitha

    Exactly..its been an year since i applied

  • sunitha

    i want to knw is an affidavit necessary??? coz im staying in saudi arabia and i have completed my 12th for applyin for an 10th marks sheet is it necessary??? some one plzz plzzz helpp

  • Salood Sadique


  • pankaj kumar singh

    Sir I loss my original 10th marksheet CBSE , I pass in 2012 from goalpara public school , place ASSAM. My rollno is 3124143

  • shashank

    i passed out in the year 2007 and i lost my marks sheet…i need to get the copy of it asap…will be procedure mentioned above really help because i stay in bangalore and do i need to file an FIR?!!!



  • abhishek

    is the news paper article compulsory for duplicate mark sheet?

  • jas

    even if my dmc is not lost can still i get about 5 copies of my 10th n 12th, as i require them to b submitted at different companies

  • sonali

    hello, my 10th std cbse statement of subject wise performance is lost. and i am cbse student of mumbai. can u please explain me the procedure of getting a duplicate?

  • Sapna

    Hi My name is sapna i done my 10th and 12th from CBSE Kendirya vidyalaya No-2 , colabal mumbai, 10th in 1999 and 12th in 2001 i lost all my documents even i dont have my roll no. I contacted my school with FIR for roll no but they are saying they dont have ….Can anybody please help me what is exact procedure to get duplicate marksheet without knowing rollno. Plese help me.

  • hema

    GOOD MORNING , sir i have lost my tenth birth certificate. i passed out tenth in 1988. what is the procedure. is it necessary to issue a press notification. i need it very urgently i need it in very short time how it is possible. please help me hema

  • disqus_s9fBHrxKsM

    I have passed out 10th in 1984 and 12th in 1986 from calcutta how can i get duplicate marksheets and ceritificates for both and where i have to apply for it

  • prasanta mondal

    thank u bro i also lost my cbse 12th marksheet . i am also going to apply for the marksheet…thank u , may god bless u all

  • Aryan

    Thank you.this information proved a big help.i just hope I get my certificate.thanks again.

  • omprakash prajapati

    I have lost my matriculation certificate and do not have a xerox copy of
    same ! has passed out in 1987 as a private candidate . Is there a
    process by which ,I can get duplicate certificate of the same . Thank to
    assist myself

  • Pratheek

    Are the 11th class mark sheets available with CBSE ?

  • shikha

    hey i lost my 10(2008) and 12(2010) standard mark sheets and I need duplicate from CBSE. what is the procedure for the same now?

  • Mohammed Hisham

    I am Mohammed Hisham. I lost my +2 original mark list (CBSE).
    what should i do to take a duplicate marklist .
    Please do guide me.

    ( )

  • Aishwarya Sharma

    Can’t we apply online for obtaining the mark sheet

  • Nikita Mujalde

    i 10th passed out in the year 2012 and i lost my marks sheet….
    i am student in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Alirajpur (M.P)

  • Shristi

    Hi Akhilesh,

    Im Shristi Im from Nepal. Can you pleaseeee give me your number. I lost my 12th marksheet, and i dont have a clue as to what to do. If you get this my facebook is Shristi Khatri Chhetri. Please drop a line. Or you could email me at: