CBSE Rules for Duplicate Certificate and Mark Sheet

DUPLICATE PASS CERTIFICATE

AMENDED RULE  67:  A candidate may obtain duplicate/triplicate certificate on payment of the prescribed fee and submission of an application on a prescribed form in the event of loss/theft/mutilation of the original certificate provided that an affidavit is filed to that effect before an official not below the rank of a first class Magistrate/Notary Public or a Member of the Governing Body of the Board.

Further the person requesting for duplicate or triplicate certificate would notify the loss/theft/mutilation of the certificate through Press Note/advertisement in some leading Newspaper and shall submit the Press Clipping to the Board along with application and the affidavit.

UPDATED AS BELOW in JUNE 2013

________________________________

Guidelines

1.       Applicants should use separate form for each certificate. If necessary typed/Photostat  application form may be used.

2.       Candidate applying for duplicate documents and Migration Certificate upto Examination of 2001 may send application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft only. Those applying personally at Ajmer Office may deposit fee in cash also.

3.       Triplicate copy or of further copies of qualifying certificates shall not be issued unless the Controller of Examinations is further satisfied by some documentary evidence that the duplicate copy has also been actually lost / destroyed.

4.       In case the fee is remitted by crossed Postal Order / Bank Draft, it must be drawn in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, payable at the concerned Regional Office.

5.       Fees prescribed for various certificates are as follows (DOCUMENTS WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER 15 DAYS ( EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS)) :

For duplicate copy of a certificate Rs.100.00
For a migration Certificate Rs.100.00
For certificate of Date of Birth Rs.100.00
For a Provisional Certificate Rs.100.00
For duplicate copy of Statement of Marks Rs.100.00

6         If certificate is required after two days (excluding holidays) an urgent fees of     Rs.100.00 extra may be remitted. If the certificate is required by post an extra amount of Rs. 25.00 may also be remitted. (Rs. 35/- for outstation candidates)

7         In case the document is not collected by the applicant within three months from the date of depositing the fees, it will be cancelled and the candidate will have to apply afresh in case he needs the same.

8.       The certificate will ordinarily be issued after two weeks (excluding holidays) from the date of receipt of the application from and the fee, provided the application form is found complete in all respects.

9.       Migration certificate is issued only to those candidates who have passed an examination of the Board or to those who have been placed in compartment in order to enable them to seek admission for a further course of study. The failed candidates should not apply for migration certificate and Provisional Certificate. Please also mention previous year’s Roll No. if passed in second chance compartment examination for Provisional Certificate

10.   All certificates for Delhi Region will be delivered on the production of receipt issued by the Board between 3 to 5 PM only (excluding holidays). The fee from candidates of Delhi Region for 2003 and onwards examinations can be deposited between 9.15 AM to 1.15 PM on every working day at Syndicate Bank, PS 1-2, Institutional Area, Patparganj, Delhi-110092

11.   The students of Chennai Region who have passed examination in 1991 or later should apply to Chennai Regional office only for obtaining duplicate documents. (Click here for application form)

Regional Offices

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.
NCT of Delhi, Foreign Schools Tel:91-11-22239177-80

Fax: 91-11-22248990

rodelhi.cbse@nic.in

Application Form

Regional Office
Central board of Secondary Education, Plot No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main Road
Anna Nagar West, Chennai-600040.
Tamil Nadu,Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu Tel. 91-44-26162214 /26162213
Fax:91-41-26162212

rochennai.cbse@nic.in

Application Form

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Shilpgram Road, Near Sankardev Kalakshetra, Panjabari, Guwahati-781 037
Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram. Telfax:91-361-2229992, 2229995
roguwahati.cbse@nic.in

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305 030
Rajasthan,Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tel:91-145-2627451/2627139
Fax:91-145-2421543

roajmer.cbse@nic.in

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Sector- 5 , Panchkula – 134109 (Haryana)
Haryana,U.T.of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh. Tel: 91-172-2585193/2583547
Fax:91-172-2585163

ropanchkula.cbse@nic.in

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg , Civil Lines, Allahabad-211 015
Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal Tel:91-532-2407970-72
Fax:91-532-2408977

roallahabad.cbse@nic.in

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, Ambica Complex, Behind SBI Colony, Near Brahmasthan, Sheekhpura, Bailley Road, Patna-800 001.
Bihar, Jharkhand Tele Fax:91-612-2332248
Tel: 2332008

ropatna.cbse@nic.in

Regional Office
Central Board of Secondary Education, 6th Floor, Alok Bharti Building, Shaheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar
West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh

New Regional Office opened

Computer Section 91-674-2548412
Administration 91-674-2548512
Examination 91-674-2548612
Asstt Secretary 91-674-2548212
AB Cell 91-674-2548712

robhubaneshwar.cbse@nic.in

191 Responses to “CBSE Rules for Duplicate Certificate and Mark Sheet”

1. devesh says:

2. Deveshk06 says:

3. Anand Jain says:

i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same.

4. Groverrahul589 says:

maa ki chut

5. Yogesh Mittal says:

I applied for duplicate mark sheet more then 3 weeks ago by sending the draft of Rs 235 along with all the required document.

Still waiting for the same. Helpline number is always unreachable & nobody responses to the E-mails.

I need this urgently. Please help. Details as follow.
    Roll no: 2210026Year of passing: 1993
    Cell: 9910161032

6. Jitender Rawat says:

ReplySir i have lost my 10th marksheet CBSE ,i passed in 1994 from ST.columbus school Ashok Place, New Delhi . My Roll No is 613308. Kindly guide me with the complete process  And where i go to collect the Duplicate certificate. Thanks .Rahul Gupta.Like

7. Smita waiker says:

i have applied for duplicate date of birth certificate 1month ago in ajmer cbse office after completing all the necessary formalities. but i did not any thing. if they dont want to give any response then why they giving the fake instructions on the site.

8. prerna malhotra says:

i have lost my xth class dmc i hve cleared my xth class in 2010 i wanted a duplicate of my dmc  plz kindly let me knw all the procedure to get it its urgent for my further accademic studies (prerna malhotra)

9. Sonalikarwal82 says:

i have lost my 10th and 12th cbse marksheet and certificates.
    kindly guide me through the same.

10. Akhilesh Sharma says:

For a duplicate Marksheet, you DO NOT NEED AN FIR or IT IS NOT NEEDED TO GET IT PUBLISHED IN THE NEWS PAPER.

Download the form from CBSE site ( http://www.cbse.nic.in/faq/dupform.pdf ) or you can go and take it from their office in Patparganj, pay Rs. 200 as the fee (The fee mentioned in the form is outdated, it has been revised but not amended in the form, so don’t confuse). In 3 – 4 days your document will be ready. Go and collect, because even if they assure that they will post, it will return as undelivered (I know this because I asked from an official sitting in the office)

After you Download the form, FOR A DUPLICATE MARKSHEET,fill ONLY FIRST 4 SECTIONS, no need to get a stamp of affidavit. It has been mentioned there that for what purpose(s) you need an affidavit or a stamp or publish in the news paper.

I have been there yesterday, ie 26/07/2008 and got to know the procedure. Hope it relieves most of you guys. :-)

Take Care All.. God Bless!!

11. Vinaygarg1996 says:

Sir i have lost my 10th class cbse marksheet, i passed in 1988 from DCM senior sec. school kishanganj delhi. kindly guide me for a duplicate marksheet & certified.

12. nikita says:

Sir/mam= m nikita meri 10th ki marksheet kho gai h m kya kru kya mujhe meri mrksht dubara mil sakti hai mene 2010 m 10th passout ki hai….. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeeeeeeee sir/mam wht i do … :-(

13. sumit arora says:

than u sir , u solve my problem

14. amit Verma says:

I had lost my 10th marks sheet please provide me full detail for obtain this.

15. aakash sewkani says:

sir my 10th marksheet is lost …itz of 2010…watz the solution ? plz

16. satyaveer says:

i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same. plz help me sir09410933366

17. prince mon says:

i had lost my 10th mark sheet .please tell me the procedure to obtain a duplicate mark sheet…

18. preetham says:

i have lost my 10th 12th marks sheet. how to get a duplicate copy of it????

19. sohel says:

i have lost my 10th &12th marksheet and pass certificate i want the
    duplicate copy of the same so please guide for the same. plz help me

20. sunitha says:

Exactly..its been an year since i applied

21. sunitha says:

i want to knw is an affidavit necessary??? coz im staying in saudi arabia and i have completed my 12th here..so for applyin for an 10th marks sheet is it necessary??? some one plzz plzzz helpp

22. Akhilesh , CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER

23. pankaj kumar singh says:

Sir I loss my original 10th marksheet CBSE , I pass in 2012 from goalpara public school , place ASSAM. My rollno is 3124143

24. shashank says:

i passed out in the year 2007 and i lost my marks sheet…i need to get the copy of it asap…will be procedure mentioned above really help because i stay in bangalore and do i need to file an FIR?!!!

25. NSINGH says:

I HAVE LOST MY 10TH(PASSED ON 2007)N 12TH(PASSED IN 2009 MARKSHEETS….IS THERE ANY TIME LIMIT FOR GETTING THE MARSHEETS BACK…IF YES THAN TILL HOW MANY YEARS??

26. abhishek says:

is the news paper article compulsory for duplicate mark sheet?

27. jas says:

even if my dmc is not lost can still i get about 5 copies of my 10th n 12th, as i require them to b submitted at different companies

28. sonali says:

hello, my 10th std cbse statement of subject wise performance is lost. and i am cbse student of mumbai. can u please explain me the procedure of getting a duplicate?

29. Sapna says:

Hi My name is sapna i done my 10th and 12th from CBSE Kendirya vidyalaya No-2 , colabal mumbai, 10th in 1999 and 12th in 2001 i lost all my documents even i dont have my roll no. I contacted my school with FIR for roll no but they are saying they dont have ….Can anybody please help me what is exact procedure to get duplicate marksheet without knowing rollno. Plese help me.

30. hema says:

GOOD MORNING , sir i have lost my tenth birth certificate. i passed out tenth in 1988. what is the procedure. is it necessary to issue a press notification. i need it very urgently i need it in very short time how it is possible. please help me hema

31. disqus_s9fBHrxKsM says:

I have passed out 10th in 1984 and 12th in 1986 from calcutta how can i get duplicate marksheets and ceritificates for both and where i have to apply for it

32. prasanta mondal says:

thank u bro i also lost my cbse 12th marksheet . i am also going to apply for the marksheet…thank u , may god bless u all

33. Aryan says:

Thank you.this information proved a big help.i just hope I get my certificate.thanks again.

34. omprakash prajapati says:

I have lost my matriculation certificate and do not have a xerox copy of
    same ! has passed out in 1987 as a private candidate . Is there a
    process by which ,I can get duplicate certificate of the same . Thank to
    assist myself

35. Pratheek says:

Are the 11th class mark sheets available with CBSE ?

36. shikha says:

hey i lost my 10(2008) and 12(2010) standard mark sheets and I need duplicate from CBSE. what is the procedure for the same now?

37. Mohammed Hisham says:

Sir,
    I am Mohammed Hisham. I lost my +2 original mark list (CBSE).
    what should i do to take a duplicate marklist .
    Please do guide me.

( mail.hisham93@gmail.com )

38. Aishwarya Sharma says:

Can’t we apply online for obtaining the mark sheet

39. Nikita Mujalde says:

i 10th passed out in the year 2012 and i lost my marks sheet….
    i am student in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Alirajpur (M.P)

40. Shristi says:

Hi Akhilesh,

Im Shristi Im from Nepal. Can you pleaseeee give me your number. I lost my 12th marksheet, and i dont have a clue as to what to do. If you get this my facebook is Shristi Khatri Chhetri. Please drop a line. Or you could email me at: kcshristi@gmail.com

41. poonam says:

Sir, I m from bareilly, U.P, I have lost my 10th 2010 n 12th1012 marks sheet plz sir tell me the procedure