CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biotechnology conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2016. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biotechnology
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Biotechnology 2016
- All questions are compulsory.
- There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of three marks and one question of five marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions. Questions paper contains four sections A, B, C, and D.
- Questions number 1 to 6 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
- Questions number 7 to 14 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
- Questions number 15 to 25 are short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
- Question numbers 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
- Use of calculators is not permitted. However, you may use log tables, if necessary
SECTION – A
1. Name two secondary metabolites produced through plant cell culture.
2. What is Herceptin?
3. A lab technician obtained a lyophilised culture of a bacterium. Which technique should be used to find whether culture is viable or not?
4. In a PCR reaction, following components were taken; Double stranded DNA, Taq polymerase, dNTPs and double stranded primer. But even after 30 cycles, no amplification of the target DNA could be seen. Why?
5. What is the relationship between the specific activity and purity of a protein?
6. Different types of vectors are needed in recombinant DNA technology. Why?
SECTION – B
7. Administration of monoclonal antibodies against CD3 can help accept renal allograft in patients. Why?
8. Mention two problems which make the downstream processing of recombinant proteins difficult and costly.
9. Enlist two reasons justifying the need and usefulness of obtaining complete sequence of genomes.
10. Plot a graph of the variation of cell density [X], concentration of substrate [S] and cell specific substrate turnover rate [QS] Vs time for a batch culture.
11. Why is it difficult to culture animal cells as compared to plant cells? Antibiotics are added to culture medium for animal cells. Why?
12. As a biotechnologist, what strategy will you suggest to your friend to enhance microbial growth, while culturing microbes in the laboratory in a 500 ml conical flask?
13. While growing animal cells in culture, why is osmolality of culture medium significant?
14. Differentiate between genomic and c-DNA library.
SECTION – C
15. Name the property of plant cells that enables it to give rise to a complete plant using tissue culture. Suggest any two applications of plant tissue culture.
16. What is vector? Enumerate four important features of a DNA molecule enabling it to act as vector.
17. Indicate the use of the following in microbial cell culture:
(a) Liquid nitrogen
(c) Nitroso guanidine
What is the function of culture collection centres?
18. (a) Differentiate between anchorage-dependent and anchorage-independent cells.
(b) How is damage to cells prevented during cryopreservation?
19. What is Molecular Pharming? List any four advantages of expressing transgenic proteins in milk.
20. What are epitopes? Why recombinant vaccines based on selected epitopes are better than conventional vaccines?
21. Describe aqueous two-phase partition process for separation of proteins.
Describe a technique to detect and confirm Sickle cell anaemia.
22. What are primary and secondary metabolites? What role do secondary metabolites play in plants?
23. Describe any three vectorless gene transfer methods used for plant cell transformation.
24. The publication of ‘Atlas of Protein Sequence and Structure’ under the editorship of Margaret O. Dayhoff was a pioneering effort. Why?
25. With an example, illustrate
(a) a blunt end cutter restriction enzyme.
(b) a sticky end cutter restriction enzyme.
Which type of ends are better and why?
SECTION – D
26. What is meant by the Biological value of proteins? How do Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) help athletes to protect their muscle mass and improve their performance?
What physical and chemical properties of naturally occurring enzymes might be useful to change by ‘site-directed mutagenesis’? Explain with an example, how site directed mutagenesis has helped to make enzyme use possible in detergents.
27. Explain with suitable diagram, the principle and steps involved in Sanger’s method of DNA sequencing.
28. What is meant by Proteomics? Explain three types of proteomics. Why proteome of a given species is larger than its genome?
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biotechnology
Download class 12 Biotechnology question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Biotechnology question paper 2016 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now