Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes Science in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes Science latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school-based annual examinations. Class 8 Science notes on chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics Science are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Class 8 Science notes Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
Download CBSE class 8th revision notes for chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 3 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 8 Revision Notes Science Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- All synthetic fibres are man-made fibres that are prepared by a number of processes using raw material of petroleum origin, called petrochemicals. Synthetic fibres consists of many small units or monomers combine to form a larger unit called a polymer.
- While natural fibres are obtained from plants and animals, synthetic fibres are obtained by chemical processing of petrochemicals. Like natural fibres, these fibres can also be woven into fabrics.
- Synthetic fibres find uses ranging from many household articles like ropes, buckets, furniture, containers, etc. to highly specialized uses in aircrafts, ships, spacecrafts, healthcare, etc.
- Depending upon the types of chemicals used for manufacturing synthetic fibres, they are named as Rayon, Nylon, Polyester and Acrylic.
- The different types of fibres differ from one another in their strength, water absorbing capacity, nature of burning, cost, durability, etc.
Types of Synthetic Fibres:
(i) Rayon: It is made from cellulose obtained from wood pulp. It is used to make containers, car upholstery, etc.
(ii) Nylon: A polyamide made from petroleum. It is lightweight, strong and durable. The fabric allows easy evaporation and dries quickly. It is used in parachutes, flak vest, combat uniforms, tires, etc.
(iii) Polyester: A versatile and important man-made fabric. It has an outstanding characteristic of resisting wrinkle and springing back into its crisp, smooth shape. It is strong and soft. It is used in dresses, suits, rainwear, etc.
(iv) Acrylic: A fibre similar to that of wool and is used to make sweater, blankets, shawls, etc. It is lightweight, soft and warm. Also it is cheaper than natural wool. It is resistant to chemicals, moths and sunlight. Therefore, they are widely in use nowadays
Plastics: Like synthetic fibres, plastic is also a polymer. Some plastics have a linear arrangement of the units and some have a cross-linked arrangement of the units. Examples: Polythene. Today, life without plastics cannot be imagined. Be it home, or outside, plastic is every where.
Characteristics of Plastics:
(i) Non-reactive: Not affected by air, water, soil, etc.
(ii) Light, strong and durable: Light, strong and durable and can be moulded into different shapes and sizes.
(iii) Poor Conductors: Do not allow heat and electricity to flow through them.
The waste created by plastics is not environment-friendly. On burning plastics release poisonous gases. On dumping in the ground they may take years to degenerate. This is because of their non-biodegradable nature.· We need to use synthetic fibers and plastics in such a manner that we can enjoy their good qualities and at the same time minimise the environmental hazards for the living communities.·.· ·
Effect of Plastics on Environment: Natural materials like wood and paper are biodegradable (bio = living; degradable = able to broken down). In contrast, most plastics do not decay, therefore, they are non-biodegradable. The lightweight nature of plastics can also be a problem. Burning of plastics also releases poisonous fumes into the atmosphere. This way plastics pollute the environment.
Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes Science
Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes Science. CBSE quick revision note for class-8 Science, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
To download Synthetic Fibres and Plastics class 8 Notes Science, sample paper for class 8 Science, Social Science, Science, Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Crop Production and Management class 8 Notes Science
- Microorganisms class 8 Notes Science
- Materials: Metals and Non-Metals class 8 Notes Science
- Coal and Petroleum class 8 Notes Science
- Combustion and Flame class 8 Notes Science
- Conservation of Plants and Animals class 8 Notes Science
- Cell-Structure and Functions class 8 Notes Science
- Reproduction in Animals class 8 Notes Science
- Reaching the age of Adolescence class 8 Notes Science
- Force and Pressure class 8 Notes Science
- Friction class 8 Notes Science
- Sound class 8 Notes Science
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current class 8 Notes Science
- Some Natural Phenomena class 8 Notes Science
- Light class 8 Notes Science
- Stars and the Solar System class 8 Notes Science
- Pollution of Air and Water class 8 Notes Science
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now