CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Students’ competence abilities, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and logical reasoning, will be enhanced by the new addition of Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions on the myCBSEguide App.
Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions are worth a lot of points, so make sure you understand them completely. With myCBSEguide, Class 12 Applied Mathematics students can be confident that they are receiving the greatest possible exam preparation.
CBSE updates the Math curriculum and adds Applied Mathematics
At the senior secondary level, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has incorporated Applied Mathematics as an academic choice. Students who wish to major in pure mathematics, physical sciences, or engineering at the university level should take the current Mathematics (041) course for Senior Secondary. However, a lot of students desire to learn mathematics because it will help them do better in their chosen disciplines. For these students, “Applied Mathematics” is designed, and the curriculum emphasises applying mathematics.
Applied mathematics: Pragmatic approach to mathematics
In advanced economics courses like the B.A. (Econ. Hons.), M.A. (Econ., math is optional), B.B.A., B.Com. (Hons.), MBA (where you compute annuities and subsequent value of money in many cases), etc., mathematics is frequently employed. It has been noted that the current mathematics curriculum has a stronger focus on science courses than it does on areas that are more closely related to commerce or social science in higher education.
Therefore, the CBSE recognized the need of the students and added one more elective course to the mathematics curriculum that will be offered for senior secondary classes in order to give students relevant experience in mathematics and to make it easier for them to pursue higher education where mathematics is required but not as major as other subjects.
Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions
The purpose of inclusion of Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions is as follows:
- Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions will develop a grasp of fundamental statistical and mathematic techniques and their uses in the social sciences and business (business, finance, and economics).
- It will facilitate to translation of numerical, algebraic, or graphical representations of real-world events or issues into mathematical statements.
- These Questions will help to evaluate, interpret, analyze, and draw conclusions from actual circumstances in order to make sense of the facts.
- Applied Maths Case Study Questions will hone logical reasoning abilities and use them in straightforward problem-solving.
- Case Study Questions will improve mathematics communication by forming hypotheses, verifying logical justifications, and conducting hypothesis tests.
- Such questions will establish links between mathematics and other fields of study.
Sample Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions
Due to the vastness of applied mathematics, it is frequently difficult to discover Class 12 Applied Mathematics case study questions that are relevant to the topic you are studying. Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case study questions, on the other hand, are an excellent approach to assessing your comprehension of a certain subject or technique. As a result, it is critical to have a thorough comprehension of such Class 12 Applied Mathematics case study topics. The given Samples of Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Questions have been thoroughly studied and span a wide range of topics.
Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Question 1
In the year 2000, Mr. Talwar took a home loan of ₹ 3000000 from the State Bank of India at 7.5% p.a. compounded monthly for 20 years.
Based on the above information, answer the following questions:
- Principal outstanding at the beginning of 193rd month was
- ₹ 385513.82
- ₹ 515394.12
- ₹ 356432.67
- ₹ 410293.41
- Total interest paid by Mr. Talwar was
- ₹ 2800276.80
- ₹ 3141345.96
- ₹ 3200147.83
- ₹ 3003415.12
- The equated monthly installment paid by Mr. Talwar was
- ₹ 35288.82
- ₹ 37839.85
- ₹ 39437.75
- ₹ 24167.82
- Interest paid by Mr. Talwar in the 150th payment was
- ₹ 15712.67
- ₹ 9532.76
- ₹ 10458.69
- ₹ 20132.84
- Principal paid by Mr. Talwar in 150th payment was
- ₹ 8455.15
- ₹ 14635.06
- ₹ 4034.98
- ₹ 13709.13
Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Question 2
A real estate company is going to build a new residential complex. The land they have purchased can hold at most 4500 apartments. Also, if they make x apartments, then the monthly maintenance cost for the whole complex would be as follows: Fixed cost = ₹50,00,000. Variable cost = ₹(160x – 0.04x2)
- The maintenance cost as a function of x will be:
- None of these
- 5000000 + 160x – 0.04x2
- 160x – 0.04x2
- If C(x) denote the maintenance cost function, then the maximum value of C(x) occur at x =
- The maximum value of C(x) would be:
- The number of apartments, that the complex should have in order to minimize the maintenance cost, is:
- If the minimum maintenance cost is attained, then the maintenance cost for each apartment would be:
Class 12 Applied Mathematics Case Study Question 3
Raja purchases 3 pens, 2 pencils and 1 mathematics instrument box and pays ₹41 to the shopkeeper. His friends, Daya and Anil purchases 2pens,1 pencil, 2 instrument boxes and 2 pens, 2 pencils and 2 mathematical instrument boxes respectively. Daya and Anil pays ₹ 29 and ₹ 44 respectively. Based on the above information answer the following:
- The cost of one pen is:
- ₹ 5
- ₹ 2
- ₹ 15
- ₹ 10
- The cost of one pen and one pencil is:
- ₹ 5
- ₹ 17
- ₹ 10
- ₹ 15
- The cost of one pen and one mathematical instrument box is:
- ₹ 10
- ₹ 7
- ₹ 15
- ₹ 18
- The cost of one pencil and one mathematical instrumental box is:
- ₹ 10
- ₹ 15
- ₹ 20
- ₹ 5
- The cost of one pen,one pencil and one mathematical instrumental box is:
- ₹ 25
- ₹ 22
- ₹ 15
- ₹ 10
Sneak peek at Class 12 Applied Mathematics curriculum
Class 12 Applied Mathematics curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical principles and skills. Applied mathematics is an important tool in many fields, such as physics, engineering, and economics. By taking this course, students will be prepared to pursue further studies in these disciplines. In addition, the course will equip students with the necessary skills to effectively communicate their mathematical ideas.
CBSE Class 12 Applied Mathematics (Code No. 241)
|No.||Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I.||Numbers, Quantification and Numerical Applications||30||11|
|VI.||Index Numbers and Time-based data||30||06|
myCBSEguide: Power-packed with adequate learning resources
myCBSEguide is packed with features to help you get the most out of your studies, including:
- Detailed information on every CBSE-recognized board and school in India
- A comprehensive database of over one million questions and answers including Case study questions.
- Tips and tricks from experts on how to ace your exams
- And much more!
Overall, myCBSEguide is a power-packed learning tool that can help you ace your exams with ease. Download myCBSEguide now and get started!
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now