Other Useful Resourses
We have complete course material on CBSE class 12 Computer Science. You can download computer science sample papers, quick revision notes, question banks, videos, online tests and practice papers from our student dashboard. It includes Python Revision Tour, Working with Functions, File Handling, Data Structures – lists, stacks and Queues, Computer Networks, Data Communication, SQL Commands, Creating a Django-based Basic Web Application, Interface Python with mySQL.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science - Course Contents
The course content of class 12 Computer Science is well structured, updated and dynamic in nature. It works as the foundation for future-ready software professionals. CBSE has recently updated course content for the Computer Science subject. Now it includes Python in both class 11 and class 12. Even SQL commands and web applications are linked with Python.
The class 12 Python syllabus has all the basic topics that a school student must undergo. If you are planning to opt for computer science as your career, this is the best course for you. CBSE will conduct 70 marks theory exam and you will get 30 marks from school based on your performance in practical exams.
Python Revision Tour - Class 12 Computer Science
In this section, students will get a revision of Python topics covered in Class XI.
Working with Functions - Class 12 Computer Science
In this section you will get types of function (built-in functions, functions defined in the module, user-defined functions), creating user-defined functions, arguments and parameters, default parameters, positional parameters, a function returning value(s), the flow of execution, the scope of a variable (global scope, local scope).
File Handling - Text files, Binary files, CSV files
- Introduction to files, types of files (Text file, Binary file, CSV file), relative and absolute paths
- Text file: opening a text file, text file open modes (r, r+, w, w+, a, a+), closing a text file, opening a file using with clause, writing/appending data to a text file using write() and writelines(), reading from a text file using read(), readline() and readlines(), seek and tell methods, manipulation of data in a text file
- Binary file: basic operations on a binary file: open using file open modes (rb, rb+, wb, wb+, ab, ab+), close a binary file, import pickle module, dump() and load() method, read, write/create, search, append and update operations in a binary file
- CSV file: import csv module, open / close csv file, write into a csv file using csv.writer() and read from a csv file using csv.reader( )
Data Structures – Lists, Stacks and Queues
Under data structure, you will study the stack, operations on the stack (push & pop), and implementation of the stack using the list.
Computer Networks and Data Communication
- Evolution of Networking: introduction to computer networks, the evolution of networking (ARPANET, NSFNET, INTERNET)
- Data communication terminologies: the concept of communication, components of data communication (sender, receiver, message, communication media, protocols), measuring capacity of communication media (bandwidth, data transfer rate), IP address, switching techniques (Circuit switching, Packet switching)
- Transmission media: Wired communication media (Twisted pair cable, Co-axial cable, Fiber-optic cable), Wireless media (Radio waves, Microwaves, Infrared waves)
- Network devices (Modem, Ethernet card, RJ45, Repeater, Hub, Switch, Router, Gateway, WIFI card)
- Network topologies and Network types: types of networks (PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN), networking topologies (Bus, Star, Tree)
- Network protocol: HTTP, FTP, PPP, SMTP, TCP/IP, POP3, HTTPS, TELNET, VoIP
- Introduction to web services: WWW, Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Markup Language (XML), domain names, URL, website, web browser, web servers, web hosting
- Database concepts: introduction to database concepts and its need
- Relational data model: relation, attribute, tuple, domain, degree, cardinality, keys (candidate key, primary key, alternate key, foreign key)
- Structured Query Language: introduction, Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language, data type (char(n), varchar(n), int, float, date), constraints (not null, unique, primary key), create database, use database, show databases, drop database, show tables, create table, describe table, alter table (add and remove an attribute, add and remove primary key), drop table, insert, delete, select, operators (mathematical, relational and logical), aliasing, distinct clause, where clause, in, between, order by, meaning of null, is null, is not null, like, update command, delete command, aggregate functions (max, min, avg, sum, count), group by, having clause, joins: cartesian product on two tables, equi-join and natural join
Interface Python with mySQL
This section deals with connecting SQL with Python, performing insert, update, delete queries using cursor, display data by using fetchone(), fetchall(), rowcount, creating database connectivity applications
You’ve come to the right site if you’re looking for diverse Class 12 Computer Science case study questions. We’ve put together a collection of Class 12 Computer Science case study questions for you on the myCBSEguide app and student dashboard. As computer science becomes an increasingly popular field of study, …
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2022-23 includes Computational Thinking and Programming – 2, Computer Networks, Database Management etc for the session 2022 – 2023. Here is the detailed syllabus. To download class 12 Computer Science CBSE latest sample question papers for the 2023 exams, please install the myCBSEguide App …
CBSE is conducting term-2 exams in offline mode from April 26, 2022. CBSE will issue the detailed datasheet in the next few days. One thing that is absolutely clear is that CBSE board exams will be in offline mode only. Why Offline Mode The first term exams were conducted in …
CBSE will ask only MCQs in Term-1 Examination this year. The board will hold this first term exam in Nov-Dec 2021. As CBSE has already cleared that 1st term exam will carry 90 minutes, now it’s time to start preparation. Students can download CBSE Term-1 MCQ Sample Papers from myCBSEguide …
CBSE class 12 computer Science Syllabus 2021-22 (Python) has some changes. This article will compare the current year’s syllabus with that of last year. We will show you both the versions with a detailed analysis of the topics. To get study material and practice questions as Sample Papers, Test Papers, …
CBSE has released the board examination schedule on 2nd February 2021. CBSE Datesheet 2021 for class 10 and class 12 is out now. Students can download the examination date and time schedule from the myCBSEguide App. Class 10 Exam Dates 2021 CBSE class 10 exams will start from 4th May …
CBSE, New Delhi has reduced the syllabus for classes 9 to 12 by 30%. The CBSE Revised Syllabus 2020-21 is available in CBSE official website and myCBSEguide mobile app. Here is the complete circular regarding CBSE Revised Syllabus 2020-21: CBSE Reduced the Syllabus The prevailing health emergency in the country …
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Old Computer science 2019-20 contains all the topics of this session. myCBSEguide provides you latest Syllabus for Class 12. Computer science is the study of processes that interact with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs. Student can Download …
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Computer science 2019-20 contains all the topics of this session. myCBSEguide provides you latest Syllabus for Class 12. Computer science is the study of processes that interact with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs. computer scientists deal mostly …
CBSE syllabus for 2019-20 is now available for download in CBSE official website and myCBSEguide Mobile App. The new syllabus for 2019 and exams to be held in March 2020. CBSE 2019-20 syllabus for March 2020 examination is released by CBSE, New Delhi. CBSE class 10 Syllabus for 2019 and …