CBSE - Class 07 - Social Science - CBSE Syllabus
CBSE Syllabus for Class 07 Social Science
Unlock the exclusive content designed for the toppers
Latest CBSE Syllabus for Class 7 Social Science
CBSE syllabus for class 7 Social Science 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 as per cbse.nic.in new curriculum. CBSE syllabus is available for free download in PDF format. Download latest CBSE syllabus of 7th Social Science as PDF format. Social Science syllabus for cbse class 7 is also available in myCBSEguide app, the best app for CBSE students.
CBSE Academics Unit - Curriculum Syllabus
CBSE has special academics unit to design curriculum and syllabus. The syllabus for CBSE class 7 Social Science is published by cbse.nic.in Central Secondary Education, Head Office in New Delhi. The latest syllabus for class 7 Social Science includes list of topics and chapters in Social Science. CBSE question papers are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for current session.
CBSE Syllabus category
- Secondary School Curriculum (class 9 and class 10)
- Senior School Curriculum (class 11 and class 12)
- Vocational Courses (Class 11 and class 12)
DEMOCRACY AND EQUALITY
Rationale Democracy and Equality are the key ideas to be engaged with this year. The effort is to introduce the learner to certain core concepts, such as equality, dignity, rule of law etc. that influence Democracy as a political system. The role of the Constitution as a document that provides the guiding framework to function in a democratic manner is emphasized. This section deals with making the link between democracy and how it manifests itself in institutional systems in a concrete and live manner through case studies and real experiences. The objective is not to represent democracy as a fixed idea or system, but one that is changing and evolving. The learner is introduced to a wide range of institutions- the government, the bureaucracy and civil society organizations like the Media so that she can develop a broad understanding of the relationship between the State and Citizens.
Equality as a value is explored in some detail, where its relationship with democracy is highlighted and the challenges or questions it raises on inequities and hierarchies that exist at present in society is also discussed. An analysis of everyday experiences in the domain of gender enable the learner to understand how these are related to the creation of differences that are discriminatory in nature.
The specific objectives of the course, where it is not clear from the rationale of the approach, are indicated beside the themes to be taught in the course.
UNIT 1: Democracy
This unit will focus on the historical as well as the key elements that structure a democracy. The structures in place to make people’s representation a reality will be discussed with reference to its actual functioning.
Two main thrusts
What were some of the key junctures and transformations in the emergence of democracy in modern societies?
• Key Features
– The different systems of power that exist in the world today.
– Significant Elements that continue to make Democracy popular in the contemporary world:
• Formal Equality.
• Decision Making mechanisms.
• Accommodation of differences.
• Enhancing human dignity.
Institutional Representation of Democracy
• Universal Adult Franchise.
• Political parties.
• Coalition Governments
Unit 2: State Government
This unit will focus on the legislative, executive and administrative aspects of state government. It will discuss processes involved in choosing MLAs, passing a bill and discuss how state governments function through taking up one issue. This unit might also contain a section on the nation-state.
Section 1: Its working
• Main functionaries-broad outline of the role of the Chief minister and the council of ministers
Section 2: Its functioning
Through one example:
land reform/irrigation/education/water/health discuss
• The nature of the role played by the government – regarding resources and services.
• Factors involved in distribution of resources/ services.
• Access of localities and communities to resources/ services.
UNIT 3: Understanding Media
In this unit the various aspects of the role of a media in a democracy will be highlighted. This unit will also include a discussion on advertising as well as on the right to information bill.
Section 1 : Media and Democracy
Media’s role in providing the following:
• providing information,
• providing forum for discussion/debate creating public opinion.
Media ethics and accountability.
Relationship between Government and Information A case-study of the popular struggle that brought about the enactment of this legislation.
Section 2 : On Advertising
• Commercial Advertising and consumerism,
• Social advertising.
UNIT 4: Unpacking Gender
This unit is to understand the role gender plays in ordering our social and economic lives.
Section 1 : Social Aspects
Norms, values that determine roles expected from boys and girls in the:
• public spaces,
• understanding Inequality: The role of gender in creating unequal and hierarchical relations in society.
Section 2 : Economic Aspects
• gender division of labour within family,
• value placed on women’s work within and outside the home,
• the invisibilisation of women’s labour.
UNIT 5: Markets Around Us
This unit is focused on discussing various types of markets, how people access these and to examine the workings of an actual market.
• On retail markets and our everyday needs
• On role and impact of wholesale markets how are these linked to the above
• People’s access to markets depends upon many factors such as availability, convenience, credit, quality, price, income cycle etc.
Examine the role of an observable wholesale market such as grain, fruit, or vegetable to understand the chain of activities, the role of intermediaries and its impact on farmer -producers.
Download CBSE Syllabus in PDF
- Download CBSE Syllabus for class 12th
- Download CBSE Syllabus for Class-11
- Download CBSE Syllabus for Class-10
- Download CBSE Syllabus for Class-09
- Download CCE Syllabus for Class-08
- Download CCE Syllabus for Class-07
- Download CCE Syllabus for Class-06
- Download NCERT Syllabus for Class-05
- Download NCERT Syllabus for Class-04
- Download NCERT Syllabus for Class-03
CURRICULUM / SYLLABUS OF VOCATIONAL COURSES
CURRICULUM / SYLLABUS