The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) has three sections. These are Mental Ability Test, Arithmetic Test and Language Test. All three sections are compulsory and the student has to attempt all the questions.
Mental Ability Test
There are ten types of non-verbal questions in the mental ability test. These questions have problem images and answer images. The student observes the pattern given in the question figures and selects the correct answer figure from the given four options.
Here are these 10 question types:
- Odd-one Out
- Figure Matching
- Pattern Completion
- Figure Series Completion
- Geometrical Figure Completion
- Mirror Image
- Punched Hole Pattern
- Space Visualisation
- Embedded Figure
JNVST arithmetic test is basically based on the concepts taught in the previous class. The difficulty level of most questions is up to the primary level. But you will certainly find some tricky questions that are usually asked in competitive exams. The questions given in this section have both of them. There are questions asked in previous years too. So, it is the complete package for JNV selection test. Here are the topics covered in myCBSEguide JNVST package:
- Number and Numeric System
- Four Fundamental Operations on Whole Numbers
- Fractional Number and Fundamental Operations
- Factors and Multiples Including their Properties
- LCM and HCF of Numbers
- Decimal and Fundamental Operations
- Square-Square Root and Cube-Cube Root
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions
- Approximation of Expressions
- Percentage and its Applications
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Simple Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
- Data Interpretation
JNVST gives 25% weightage to the language test. It has only unseen passage-based MCQs. There are 5 multiple choice questions in each passage. The length of the passage is around 350 words. So, it's easy for students to get good marks in this section.
We have provided good quality full-length mock tests, subject tests and chapter tests in this section. Students can access this content on the myCBSEguide mobile app and website.