A letter to god
Posted by Arman Benya 1 year, 7 months ago
- 5 answers
1.Lencho a Farmer: Lencho was a farmer. His house was the only one in the entire valley. It was on the top of a hill. His fields needed a good harvest. He was looking towards the sky hoping for rain. During the meal, big drops of rain began to fall. He went out to feel the rain on his body.
2. Raindrops Like Coins: Lencho was satisfied. The drops of rain were like coins. The big drops were ten cent pieces and the little ones were worth five each. Suddenly, a strong wind began to blow. Lencho was worried.
3. Raining of Huge Hailstones: Along with the rain came very large hailstones. They truly did resemble silver coins. The house, the fields and the hill-side were covered with the white hails. Not a leaf remained on the trees. The corn was totally destroyed. So were the flowers. Lencho was sorrowful. They would have no corn that year.
4. Single Hope — Help from God: Lencho thought that there was only one hope. It was the help from God. The following Sunday, he wrote a letter to God. He wrote that if he did not help, his whole family would die. He needed a hundred pesos in order to sow his field again and to live until the new crop came. He wrote ‘To God’ on the envelope, placed a stamp on it and dropped it into the mailbox.
5. Strange Address: One of the postmen who read the address laughed heartily and took it to the postmaster. The postmaster was quite a friendly and pleasant man. He too broke out laughing. But soon he became serious. He realised that the sender of the letter had great faith in God. He didn’t want to shake the writer’s faith in God. He decided to answer the letter.
6. Help from the Postmaster: The generous postmaster collected money from his employees. He himself gave a part of his salary. He put seventy pesos, all the money he could collect, in an envelope and sent it to Lencho by mail.
7. Lencho’s Anger Against Post Office Employees: Lencho had a firm and unshaken faith in God. He did expect help from God. When he received the money, he was not surprised. But his happiness was just for some moments. When he counted the money, he became very angry. He believed that God could never deceive him. Immediately, he wrote a second letter to God and posted it. The postmaster opened the letter eagerly. Lencho wrote that he received seventy pesos that had been sent by God. He requested God to send him the rest of the money. He asked God not to send the money through the mail. The post-office employees were ‘a bunch of crooks’.
Question Paper Creator
- Create papers in minutes
- Print with your name & Logo
- Download as PDF
- 5 Lakhs+ Questions
- Solutions Included
- Based on CBSE Syllabus
- Best fit for Schools & Tutors