Posted by Rohan Chanda 1 month, 1 week ago
Lord Curzon was the viceroy during the partition of Bengal.
• The partition of Bengal was one of the worst events in Indian History.
• Bengal was partitioned on 16 October 1905.
• However, it was announced in the month of July, 1905.
• The main reason for the partition of Bengal was to divide the unity of Indians.
• British used their famous "divide and rule" policy to divide Bengal.
• As, Bengal was partitioned on the basis of religion.
• East Bengal was majorly dominated by Muslims and West was majorly dominated by Hindus.
• The present West Bengal is part of India meanwhile present East Bengal is Bangladesh.
Subscribe complete study pack and get unlimited access to selected subjects. Effective cost is only ₹ 12.5/- per subject per month. Based on the latest CBSE & NCERT syllabus.
Create papers in minutes
Print with your name & Logo
Download as PDF
3 Lakhs+ Questions
Based on CBSE Blueprint
Best fit for Schools & Tutors
No software required, no contract to sign. Simply apply as teacher, take eligibility test and start working with us. Required desktop or laptop with internet connection