Posted by Kritika Singh 5 months, 1 week ago
- After February revolution, Provisional government saw a Decline in their power and the growth of power if Bolsheviks.
- So, they thought to take stern measures against spreading discontent.
- It resisted attempts by workers to run factories and began arresting leaders.
- Popular demonstrations staged by the Bolsheviks in July 1917 were sternly repressed.
- Many Bolsheviks had to go into hiding.
- Meanwhile, in the country side, peasants, and thier socialist revolutionary leaders pressed for redistribution of land.
- Land comitees were formed to handle this.
- Encouraged by the Socialist Revolutionaries, peasants captured land between July and September 1917.
- As the conflict between provisional government and the Bolsheviks grew, Lenin feared the provisional government would set up a dictatorship.
- In September, he began discussions for the uprising.
Posted by Rohit Prasad 1 year, 6 months ago
Subscribe complete study pack and get unlimited access to selected subjects. Effective cost is only ₹ 12.5/- per subject per month. Based on the latest CBSE & NCERT syllabus.
Create papers in minutes
Print with your name & Logo
Download as PDF
3 Lakhs+ Questions
Based on CBSE Blueprint
Best fit for Schools & Tutors
No software required, no contract to sign. Simply apply as teacher, take eligibility test and start working with us. Required desktop or laptop with internet connection