Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school based annual examinations. Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education on chapter 6 Women and Sports are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 12 Physical Education text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
Class 12 Physical Education notes Chapter 6 Women and Sports
Download CBSE class 12th revision notes for chapter 6 Women and Sports in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Women and Sports class 12 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 6 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Revision Notes Chapter 6 Women and Sports
Key Points :
- Sports participation of Women in India
- Special consideration (Menarche, Menstrual, Dysfunction)
- Female Athletes Triad ( Osteoporosis & Amenorrhoea & Eating Disorders)
- Psychological Aspects of Women Athlete
- Sociological Aspects of Sports Participation
Sports participation of women in India
For women’s participation in sports we have a look at ancient period. Regarding participation in the first modern Olympic (1896 Athens), there was no participation of women.
— Women participated first time in 1900 Olympics. (22 women participated in) — In 1904 six women participated.
— And after 100 years in 2000 Sydney Olympics 4069 women had participated.
— In 2008 Beijing Olympics 4637 women participated.
Participation in India
— In 2000 karnam Malleshwari was the first woman who won bronze medal in Sydney Olympic from India.
— In 1984 performance of P.T. Usha was very good in Athletics.
— In 2012 london olympics Saina Nehwal and M.C. Maricom got bronze medal.
In 2016, Rio Olympics, Sakshi Malik won bronze medal, P.V. Sandhu won silver medal where as Deepa Karmakar opened new dimesions in gymanastics. Over the past several decades the participation of women in sports in sports field has increased tremendously. But really, it is a matter of regret for all of us to know that sports is such a field where gender inequality in strongly evident. The general social environment has not only inhibited women from participation in sports but has also criticise them when they participate. Many people comment for women “Why don’t they stay in the kitchen where they belong”?
But Now time has changed. Women are capable of changing society. Now the ideology suggests that women are participating in every sphere of life and proving themselves globally.
6.1 Sports Participation of Women in India
Reasons for the low rate of sports participation by women in India
1. Gender equity & social attitude
a. No parental encouragement
b. Traditional society
c. Less motivation and inspiration
d. Women constraining other women
2. Lack of plans and initiatives for sports women by the Government
a. Male dominant culture
b. Less availability of women coaches
c. No independent games facilities for women
d. More emphasis on study
e. Less competition
3. Economic Factors
4. Social Customs and Rights
5. Low Health Consciousness
6. Stress on Academics
7. Media Coverage
8. Lack of Incentives & Career
Menarche is the first menstrual bleeding of the young girl (9-16 yrs.)
Menstrual dysfunction is a disorder or irregular menstrual cycle in women. It can also be defined as “An abnormal bleeding during the menstrual cycle”.
1. Absence of menstrual periods:- This problem may be due to eating disorder, excessive exercise schedule, extreme level of stress and medications etc.
2. Premenstrual syndrome :- Many girls may have symptoms such as acne, backaches, Sore breasts, headaches, constipation, depression, irritability and feeling anxious etc.
These symptoms may be faced by female before their menstruation.
3. Abnormal Cramps :- These cramps are caused by a chemical in the body that makes the muscles in the uterus contract.
4. Heavy or prolonged peroid :- It is common for a girl’s menstrual period to be heavier on some days than others.
5. Irregular menstrual period:- The regular menstrual cycle for a female is 28 days. However, it may very from 21 to 35 days.
6. Delay in the first menstrual period.
6.2 Special consideration (Menarche, Menstrual, Dysfunction, Pregnancy, Menopause)
1. Menarche:- “It is the first natural cycle and is a central event of female puberty”.
2. Menstrual dis-function:- Painful and irregular menstrual cycle of women to be on the rise with the decreasing involvement of the women in the physical fitness and endurance sports.
Female athlete triad is a syndrome in which eating disorders, oesteoporosis and amenorrhea, eating disorders effect adversely on the body.
1. Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder in which reduction in bone mass may cause fracture.
a. Insufficient calcium in diet.
c. Eating disorder
d. Bad eathing habits
Osteoporosis:- Low bone mass.
2. Amenorrhea refers to the absence of menstrual periods. It may be either primary meaning woman has never developed menstrual periods) or secondary (absence of menstrual periods in a woman who was previously menstruating). There are many reasons responsible for amenorrhea including extensive exercise and improper diet. Exercising intensively and not consuming enough calories can lead to decreases in hormones that result in a girl’s periods becoming irregular or stopping altogether.
Amenorrhoea:- Absence of menstrual period for more than 6 months.
Anemia:- Resulting from the inadequate nutrition.
In this eating disorder the female athlete only think about food, dieting, and body weight all the time. They have distorted body structure. Other individuals usually feel them that are becoming thin but they do not believe this. In front of the mirror they see themselves obese.
In this eating disorder the female eats excessive amount of food and then vomits it in order not to gain weight. In this disorder, an individual binges on food and feels a loss of control. Then to prevent weight gain try to vomit the food.
6.4 Psychological aspects of women athlete
1. More goal oriented
2. Psychological stronger
3. Less aggressive
4. Fast adaptation
5. Image conscious
6. Poise & confidence
Sociological aspects of women athlete
1. Family – Family is a very significant social factor, which is generally responsible for early sports socialization. The socializing process at home for both sex is different. Males usually get more support and encouragement to get involved in sports activities. They are further provided with more facilities to encourage and support participation in sports and games. However female usually are not encouraged to get involved in sports activities.
2. School – The culture of sports is generated in schools and reputation of school is dependent on the success of male and females as sports personalities. Lots of schools do not have girl teams as male teams (soccer/ wrestling/boxing etc/) They do not have proper arrangements for coaches and sports facilities for females.
3. Culture – Cultural beliefs have great impact on the involvement of females in sports. Many cultures still firmly believe that women’s place is in the kitchen. The participation in the sports masculinises females are viewed negatively.
4. Attitude and prejudices – Attitude and prejudices of society play significant role in sports participation; some females avoid certain sports for fear of being perceived masculine. Due to such attitude and prejudices of society regarding sexuality inhibit females to participate.
5. Religious faith discourages woman participation in sports
6. Illiteracy in society
7. Biological inferiority
8. Male dominance
9. Lesser concentration to develop woman sports equipment & facilities
10. Less competitive spectators for woman sports
CBSE Class-12 Revision Notes and Key Points
Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education. CBSE quick revision note for class-12 Physical Education, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Physical Education
To download Women and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education, sample paper for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Planning in Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Sports and Nutrition class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Yoga and Lifestyle class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Phy Edu and Sports for Differently-Abled class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Children and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Test and Measurement in Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Physiology and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Sports Medicine class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Biomechanics and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Psychology and Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
- Training in Sports class 12 Notes Physical Education
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now