Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus in PDF format for free download. mathematics syllabus for class 10 UK Board is now available in the myCBSEguide app. The curriculum for Uttarakhand Board exams is designed by UBSE, Uttarakhand as per NCERT textbooks for the session.
UK Board Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus Download as PDF
UK Board Syllabus Class 10
- Hindi Class 10 UK Board Syllabus
- English Class 10 UK Board Syllabus
- Science Class 10 UK Board Syllabus
- Social Science Class 10 UK Board Syllabus
UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus
- वास्तविक संख्याएँ
- दो चर वाले रैखिक समीकरण युग्म
- द्विघात समीकरण
- समांतर श्रेढियाँ
- निर्देशांक ज्यामिति
- त्रिकोणमिति का परिचय
- त्रिकोणमिति के कुछ अनुप्रयोग
- वृत्तों से संबंधित क्षेत्रफल
- पृष्ठीय क्षेत्रफल और आयतन
UK Board class 10 mathematics Chapter list in (English)
- Real Numbers
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Progression
- Coordinate Geometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Area Related to Circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
Uttarakhand Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus
|VII||STATISTICS & PROBABILTY||11|
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
REAL NUMBER (15) Periods
Euclid’s division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of the irrationality of √2 √3 √5 Decimal representation of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals.
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
POLYNOMIALS (7) Periods
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic
polynomials. Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with
- PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES (15) Periods
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for the number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination and by cross multiplication method. Simple situational problems. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
- QUADRATIC EQUATIONS (15) Periods
Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, by completing the square and by using the quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
- ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS (8) Periods
Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P. and their application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- LINES (In two-dimensions) (14) Periods
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula.
Section formula (internal division). Area of a triangle.
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
- TRIANGLES (15) Periods
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
- (Prove) The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares of their corresponding sides.
- (Prove) In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
- (Prove) In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right angle.
CIRCLES (8) Periods
Tangent to a circle at, the point of contact
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
CONSTRUCTIONS (8) Periods
- Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally)
- Tangents to a circle from a point outside it.
- Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
- INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY (10) Periods
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 300, 450 and 600. Relationships between the ratios.
- TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES (15) Periods
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
- HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (8) Periods Simple problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation / depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
- AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES (12) Periods
Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter / circumference of the above said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to a central angle of 60°, 90° and 120° only. Plane figures involving triangles, simple quadrilaterals and circle should be taken.)
- SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES (12) Periods
- Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones. Frustum of a cone.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. (Problems with the combination of not more than two different solids be taken).
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- STATISTICS (18) Periods
Mean, median and mode of grouped data (a bimodal situation to be avoided).
Cumulative frequency graph.
- PROBABILITY (10) Periods
Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on single events (not using set notation).
Periodical Test (10 Marks)INTERNAL ASSESSMENT 20 Marks
- Note Book Submission (05 Marks)
- Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books) (05 Marks)
- Mathematics – Textbook for class IX – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class IX – CBSE Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class IX, NCERT publication.
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication.
For study material on UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus download UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus is also available in the myCBSEguide website. UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus for the session 2018-19 is available here in PDF format. For the latest UK Board class 10 mathematics Syllabus, please visit UBSE official website.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)