CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
Download CBSE sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT from myCBSEguide. Class 10 Foundation of IT sample papers for board exams are available for download in myCBSEguide app, the best app for CBSE students. Sample Paper for class 10 Foundation of IT includes questions from Unit-I Basic of Information Technology, Unit-II Information Processing Tools, Unit-III Societal Impacts of IT, Unit-IV IT Applications. In the session 2017-18, CBSE will conduct board exam for all CBSE class 10 students which will cover the whole book.
Download Complete set of sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT
For study on the go download myCBSEguide app for android phones. Sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT and other subjects are available for download as PDF in app too.
Foundation of IT Sample papers
Here is CBSE class 10 Sample paper for Foundation of IT . To get the answers and more sample papers, visit myCBSEguide App or website stated above. Sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT has 15 questions.
Sample Paper for class 10 Foundation of IT
Time: 2½ Hrs, M.M.:40
- The sample question paper consists of 16 questions.
- All questions are compulsory; however internal choice has been given in few questions.
1. Multiple Choice Questions: 5
a. Which one of the following is an e-Shopping website:  i) Flipkart
iv) All of above
b. Background is an attribute of:  i) <BODY> tag
ii) <FONT> tag
iii) <IMG> tag
iv) <A> tag
c. A link used to navigate or open other web pages on a website on internet is called:  i) Higherlink
iv) None of above
d. A total of how many headings are there in html:  i) 4
e. Which one of the following is not an attribute of <A> tag:  i) NAME
iv) Both (i) & (ii)
2. What is Blog?  Ans. Blog is an alternative word for weblog. People often write about their opinion or thought on a particular topic just like they write in their diary or journal. People who write on blogs are called bloggers.
3. Discuss the purpose of HTTP briefly.  Ans. Full form of HTTP is Hypertext Transfer Protocol. It is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web.
4. Tamanna needs to store and transport the data. She should use HTML or XML?  Ans. She should use XML.
5. Name the protocol which is used for uploading & downloading data from remote site.  Ans. FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
6. What is the full form of URL?  Ans. Full form of URL is Uniform Resource Locator.
7. What is the purpose of a web browser? Give name of any two popular web browsers.  Ans. A web browser is an application program used for exploring the information resources available on the World Wide Web to retrieve the required information.
Two popular web browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
8. Explain the term Digital Divide.  Ans. It is an economic and social inequality with regard to access to, use of, or impact of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
9. Define cell padding and cell spacing with respect to tables in HTML.
Define container & empty tags in HTML.  Ans. CELLSPACING controls the space between table cells and CELLPADDING sets the amount of space between the contents of the cell and the cell wall.
Container tags are tags which have both opening as well as closing tag like <B>…..</B> whereas empty tags are tags which have only opening tag like <HR>, <BR>.
10. What is a primary key in a table?
What is the need of a database? Discuss briefly.  Ans. A primary key is a special relational database table column (or combination of columns) designated to uniquely identify each & every table record. It does not contain NULL & duplicate values.
A database is usually a large collection of data which is organized in a very effective and efficient manner. It allows the user for rapid search and retrieval of required information.
11. Differentiate between <OL> and <UL> tag with suitable example.  Ans. <OL> stands for Ordered List which can be either numerical or alphabetical while <UL> stands for Unordered List which can be either disc, square or circle.
Code examples containing <OL>and<UL> is given below with their respective outputs:
|HTML CODE AND OUTPUT||HTML CODE AND OUTPUT|
12. What is the purpose of <IMG> tag? Mention it’s any two attributes along with their purpose.
Ans. <IMG> tag is used to insert images in any webpage.
Its two main attributes are as follows:
SRC: It specifies the URL of the image.
ALT: It specifies an alternate text for an image.
13. What is e-Learning? Mention any two main benefits of e -learning with respect to the use of Information Technology.
Ans. Learning with the help of electronic resources like computers, tablets, smart phone, internet etc. is known as E-learning.
Advantages of eLearning are:
- It is time saving as well as removes the distance barrier between learner & teacher.
- It has quicker delivery cycle times than traditional classroom-based instruction.
- It is less expensive to set-up an e-learning environment.
14. Differentiate between Crackers & Hackers.
Ishan, a trainee in a multinational bank has just got his first official computer with internet facility in his office. Explain him about Malware, its types and any two precautionary measure he should be taken for information security.
Ans. In computing, a hacker is any skilled computer expert who uses their technical knowledge to overcome a problem or otherwise gains remote access to a protected computer system mainly to get thrill out of it.
A cracker is also a skilled computer expert but he/she breaks into or otherwise violates the system integrity of remote machines with malicious intent. Having gained unauthorized access, crackers destroy vital data, deny legitimate users service, or cause problems for their targets.
Malware is a computer software which is specifically designed with malicious intention generally to disrupt, damage, or gain authorized access to a computer system. It can be of various types like Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses etc.
Any two precautionary measures to be taken against malware are as follows:
- Install quality Antivirus software
- Regular update of Antivirus software and regular PC scan
- Do not click on unknown or suspicious links
- Avoid pirated software
15. Write the HTML code to generate the following web page with the given below specifications:
(a) Bordered table should have background color in pink.
(b) Table’s header row with a heading “INCOME TAX SLABS 2017-18” should spread over four cells.
(c) After heading row, first cell of next row should spread over five rows with an image named “it.jpg” stored in d: drive.
(d) Set the space between the cell wall and the cell content to 10 pixels and set the space between the cells to 10 pixels.
(e) At the bottom of the page, a link to next page is there which is linked to another webpage named “next.html”
This is only initial part of the whole sample paper. Download Complete set of sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT
Sample Paper for class 10
It is sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT. However, myCBSEguide provides the best sample papers for all the subjects. There are number of sample papers which you can download from myCBSEguide website. Sample paper for class 10 all subjects
- Social Science
- English Communicative
- English Language and Literature
- Hindi A
- Hindi B
These are also Sample Paper for class 10 Foundation of IT available for download through myCBSEguide app. These are the latest Sample Paper for class 10 Foundation of IT as per the new board exam pattern. Download the app today to get the latest and up-to-date study material.
Marking Scheme for Class 10 Board exam
|Subject||Annual Exam||Internal Assessment||Total Marks|
|English||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Hindi||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Mathematics||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Science||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Social Science||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Sanskrit||80 Marks||20 Marks||100 Marks|
|Foundation of IT||40 Marks||60 Marks||100 Marks|
Download CBSE Sample Papers
To download complete sample paper for class 10 Foundation of IT, Science, Social Science, Hindi and Maths; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now